Do I need to transcode MP2 file to stream it with windows streaming server?

Do I need to transcode MP2 file to stream it with windows streaming server?

Post by Ale » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:27:14

Hi All

I have bunch of MP2 files and want to stream it.
Can I stream them with windows media server or
I need to trancode them into windows media format first?

Thanks in advance
Alex

1. Media server streaming other server streams

I have a school that has multi national students who are really dragging
their internet connection down because everyone is listening to what they
want over the internet.

I was thinking if a media server could effectively carry other websites
streams I could take a number of single streams of a selected list of sites,
carry/proxy them on a local streaming server for the students to choose
their stream locally.

Out side of legal implications and trying to contact none English speaking
providers for their permissions. Is it possible for one server to relay
another servers stream and a published point?

Thanks

Tim

2. adware "blazefind" toolbar

3. how to combine video stream and audio stream into DV stream ?

4. Links 2001

5. Is there plugin for WMS to stream audio MP2 files?

6. Looking for products

7. Why Darwin Streaming server can't stream Mp4?

8. Windows Media Player 8

9. Live Stream, Pre-Encoded, and "stream" to server...SDKs or WMS, or both?

10. Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

11. How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

12. Streaming from Windows Media Encoder 9 (client) to Windows Media server (server)

13. How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?