The De Montfort University in Leicester has started a project to develop
a basic multimedia system, that can be distributed on one or two
HD disks. To obtain information about the use of multimedia in
polytechnics and universities, the usefulness of a basic mm-system, and the
requirements that are needed to make the product a
useful product, a questionnaire is distributed to students, lecturers,
multimedia users and multimedia developers.To obtain more information
from the last two groups, a questionnair
e is placed in this multimedia newsgroup of the internet. We would
appreciate t very much if you can spend a few minutes of your time to
fill in this form, and return it directly to: rbirza.dmu.ac.uk
0. What is your occupation, employment ?
1. Why do you read this newsgroup?
2. What are the most commonly used applications for multimedia systems
that you can think of ?
3. What are to your opinion the most useful applications of multimedia
4. Do you have a multimedia computer that you can use ?
5. What are the minimal requirements a multimedia system should consist
of (e.g sound, images etc)?
6. If you want to distribute a mm program on one or two disks, what should
then be the minimal requirements ?
7. Are you designing mm systems
8. Are you developing mm systems ?
9. Is it useful to make multimedia applications MS-Windows applications.
10. Is a mm application suitable to use in education for higher educated
If you have any comments on the questionnaire, want more information or
are interested in the results, please do not hesitate to mail me.
Thank you for your interest and time
De Montfort University Leicester
Department of Mechanical and Electrical engineering