How to Transfer Audio tape to Computer File?

How to Transfer Audio tape to Computer File?

Post by Paul Tholfse » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:24:51

I hope this isn't too basic a question, even for a true newbie.

I have some old audio tapes i'd like to burn to a CD.  I don't know how to
capture the tape bands onto the computer. I have the latest Win Media
Player, Roxio CD burning and WinXP.  I suppose the starting point is to
learn the appropriate hardware connections, and then whether or not I need
any additional software.

--

Paul Tholfsen
Bellingham, WA

--

Paul Tholfsen
Bellingham, WA

How to Transfer Audio tape to Computer File?

Post by Press Release » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:51:21

We use a Sony dual cassette deck (I assume you have cassette?) - even if you
don't, it is relatively simple:

1) Hook up your audio out of the STEREO tape deck to one of your audio in
ports on your sound card. You can get a rca to mini-plug adapter at Radio
Shack or almost any electronics store

2) Get a good recording program like Sound Forge XP (or the light version of
it)

3) Record your tape audio tracks to individual wave files.

4) Do any post processing you may want or need to with your sound program
and the appropriate filters.

5) Create an audio CD using your burner software and close the session when
finished on CD-R media.

That's about it. I've taken many of my old cassettes and transferred them
this way. You may have to apply filtering if any hiss or pops are noticeable
from the old tapes.

GS

> I hope this isn't too basic a question, even for a true newbie.

> I have some old audio tapes i'd like to burn to a CD.  I don't know how to
> capture the tape bands onto the computer. I have the latest Win Media
> Player, Roxio CD burning and WinXP.  I suppose the starting point is to
> learn the appropriate hardware connections, and then whether or not I need
> any additional software.

> --

> Paul Tholfsen
> Bellingham, WA

> --

> Paul Tholfsen
> Bellingham, WA

1. How to Transfer Audio tape to Computer File?

I hope this isn't too basic a question, even for a true newbie.

I have some old audio tapes i'd like to burn to a CD.  I don't know how to
capture the tape bands onto the computer. I have the latest Win Media
Player, Roxio CD burning and WinXP.  I suppose the starting point is to
learn the appropriate hardware connections, and then whether or not I need
any additional software.

--

Paul Tholfsen
Bellingham, WA

2. Home Network speed problem

3. Transfer audio tape to wav files

4. formating

5. transferring from video tape to computer

6. Adopting SMS: looking for advice, experiences, war stories

7. How to Transfer OE Message Files from Computer to Computer?

8. desktop/web content tab missing

9. Transferring files from Win95 computer to XP computer

10. transfer files from win98 computer to xp computer

11. How to transfer files from win95 computer to win3.1 computer?

12. Computer to Computer File Transfers?

13. Digital Audio Tape - Audio....