Using DirectX Audio Plug-Ins

Post by Geoff Cluet » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
         I'm looking into building an application that will use DirectX
plug-ins to process audio data.  This is only a coursework project, so if
anyone has used DirectShow for a similar project in the past I would really
appreciate some info on how to do it / source code. (VB / VC++)
Many thanks,

                      ? ?
Geoff    .....oo O oo.....

1. DirectX plug-ins and OleCreatePropertyFrame...

Before all, excuse-me for my bad English

My application (PROBE at http://www.synoptic.net ) generates in real time a
flow of samples that I send to a DirectX Buffer.
I test to render this compatible application with the plug-ins Direct. I
have succeeded to create a Pin In and a Pin Out dynamically, to enumerate
installed filters, to select one, to create an instance of this and to
connect it to my pins. All works fine, the sound is very nice etc...

But when I test to display the page of adjustment of the filter with the
fonction, it works for 70% of filters but 30% generate a erreur (like Wave
TrueVerb (Demo) from the company Waves http://www.waves.com )

IBaseFilter *SelectedFilter;
IGraphBuilder *pigb;
ISpecifyPropertyPages   *pPropertyPage;
IMoniker *pM;
hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_FilterGraph, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
IID_IGraphBuilder, (void **)&pigb);
hr = pM->BindToObject(0, 0, IID_IBaseFilter, (void**)&SelectedFilter);
hr = pigb->AddFilter(SelectedFilter,L"Filtre");

hr =
SelectedFilter->QueryInterface(IID_ISpecifyPropertyPages,(void**)&pPropertyP
age);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
    CAUUID Pages;
    pPropertyPage->GetPages(&Pages);
    pPropertyPage->Release();
     __try
     {
          OleCreatePropertyFrame(NULL,

0,0,L"Filtre",1,(LPUNKNOWN*)&SelectedFilter,Pages.cElems,Pages.pElems,0,0,NU
LL);
     }
     __except ( EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER )
     {
        AfxMessageBox("My Problem...",MB_ICONSTOP | MB_OK );
     }
     CoTaskMemFree(Pages.pElems);

Graphedit can display these pages !!!

It is possible to display this page without pass by the function
OleCreatePropertyFrame?

It is possible retrieve or create an instance of IPropertyPage, and then to
call ->SetPageSite(...), >Activate(...), ->Show(...) etc... ?

Is you it possible to create a host dialog with other controls, that support
this page in a property sheet ? It is what seemed to make Graphedit.

Have you an idea ?

Cordially,

TIA

LLD

2. Viewsonic

3. Announce: PluginMaker for Navigator plug-ins using MFC and Visual C++ 4

4. Appending local computer time into video output

5. Using Netscape 3.ox and plug-ins

6. Has anyone used Badflash.com?

7. Audio plug-in using DirectX - Where to find info?

8. e-mail & Outlook Express

9. Sharing data between custom Plug-ins

10. WBT w/o Plug-ins

11. Problem with Waves Demo Plug-Ins