WM Encoder 9 SDK Batch Encoder Output String Syntax?

WM Encoder 9 SDK Batch Encoder Output String Syntax?

Post by Kris » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:36:56

What is the proper syntax for the WM9 Batch Encoder Output String?  I
am trying to encode multiple files and retain the same file names in
the output folder if possible.

WM Encoder 9 SDK Batch Encoder Output String Syntax?

Post by Patrick Col » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:49:23

Kris, I struggled with the output string too but Charlie helped me figure it
out. Thje output syntax is anythign you want it to be. lets say your file
names are 01.avi, 02.avi, and 03.avi. And you want your file name to be a
certain way i.e. mine01.wmv, mine02.wmv, and mine03.wmv. You would just put
the word mine in the output box and it output the file name with the word to
choose at the beginning of the file.

Hope this explains it and helps out.

Quote:> What is the proper syntax for the WM9 Batch Encoder Output String?  I
> am trying to encode multiple files and retain the same file names in
> the output folder if possible.

WM Encoder 9 SDK Batch Encoder Output String Syntax?

Post by Kris » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:57:10

Thanks - I have kind of discovered the same.

It is a shame I can't just keep the file names the same.

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:49:23 -0500, "Patrick Cole"

>Kris, I struggled with the output string too but Charlie helped me figure it
>out. Thje output syntax is anythign you want it to be. lets say your file
>names are 01.avi, 02.avi, and 03.avi. And you want your file name to be a
>certain way i.e. mine01.wmv, mine02.wmv, and mine03.wmv. You would just put
>the word mine in the output box and it output the file name with the word to
>choose at the beginning of the file.

>Hope this explains it and helps out.

>> What is the proper syntax for the WM9 Batch Encoder Output String?  I
>> am trying to encode multiple files and retain the same file names in
>> the output folder if possible.

WM Encoder 9 SDK Batch Encoder Output String Syntax?

Post by Charlie Owen [MSFT » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:45:55

--> Kris: It is a shame I can't just keep the file names the same.

You can if you want to ;-).  Thats how the sample is written but with a
little tweaking you can modify to suit your own tastes.  I posted this a
while back -- it may be useful to you.

Charlie Owen [MSFT]

--> I already have my file names set up they way I want and I dont want
anything string added to my file names. Is there a way around having to
declare an output string?

Not in the BatchEncode.exe as compiled and installed by the SDK but you can
edit the source in frmBatchEncode.vb as follows and then compile to a new
executable to remove the constraint...

Comment lines 1512 through 1516:

     'If strOutputString = "" Then
          'sDisplayMessage("You must specify an output string.")
          'TextBox_OutputString.Focus()
          'Exit Sub
     'End If

Edit lines 1708 through 1722 to remove the addition of the strOutputString
variable to strOutputPath:

     Select Case intProContentType
             Case 1
                     ' Audio Content
                     strOutputPath = strOutputFolder + strFilename + ".wma"
             Case 16
                     ' Video Content
                     strOutputPath = strOutputFolder + strFilename + ".wmv"
             Case 17
                     ' Audio and Video Content
                     strOutputPath = strOutputFolder + strFilename + ".wmv"
             Case Else
                     ' Specify output as WMV file, but it may not be valid
                     strOutputPath = strOutputFolder + strFilename + ".wmv"
                     boolDataValidates = False
     End Select