Corrpt mpeg codecs

Post by stablecanno » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:11:27

For awhile I've been using Media player 7.1, then
recently I've started having problems playing movies.
Like Media player will misreport the file length (the
movie will 1:55:02, but player will report 0:15:32) or
there'll either be no sound or the movie will freeze up
after a few minutes. I've isolated the problem down to
mpeg files, because I have no problem playing AVI or DIVX
files. So I figured it might be a problem with my codecs,
is there any way to reinstall just the codecs, instead of
reinstalling windows all together? I've tried just
reinstalling Media player, but it says I already have the
newer version and won't install. I can't uninstall it
either, I've tried Windows just keeps replacing the files
that I delete. Any ideas? Could you answer by email, I
don't check this forum to much.