Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

Post by Keyframe Computer Graphi » Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi All,

PC Dir 5 to Mac Dir 4 ?

I have created a presentation in PC Director 5

I need it to run on Mac Director 4

I know that I will have to re-create the program on the Mac

But is there any way I can export elements of the presentation
(e.g. cast, score, etc) in a sequence or way that allows me to
import them on the Mac

BTW, I have the transfer method sorted out, using Mac Opener

Any help would be really great,

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Nigel

Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

Post by That Nu » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi All,

Hello there. :)

Quote:> PC Dir 5 to Mac Dir 4 ?

> I have created a presentation in PC Director 5

> I need it to run on Mac Director 4

Shoot. Do you have Dir4/Win? If so, I suppose you could copy and paste a
lot among the two.

Is there a way to copy the file to a PC floppy and use Mac PC Exchange to
get it open in Dir 4? Or have you tried that already?

        LAN/sysadmin & software developer: The HOTS Project/Supermath

Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

Post by That Nu » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi All,

Hello there. :)

Quote:> PC Dir 5 to Mac Dir 4 ?

> I have created a presentation in PC Director 5

> I need it to run on Mac Director 4

Shoot. Do you have Dir4/Win? If so, I suppose you could copy and paste a
lot among the two.

Is there a way to copy the file to a PC floppy and use Mac PC Exchange to
get it open in Dir 4? Or have you tried that already?

        LAN/sysadmin & software developer: The HOTS Project/Supermath

1. ******Director 5.0 PC from Director 4.0.4 MAc Question- Any Help!*******

I am currnently developing a interactive disk for a design house.
 A number of problems are emerging can anyone provide some input?
1.Interface in Dir 5.0 ends up being around the 900k mark unlike the 4.0.4
interface that is 475k. What gives?
2.When importing JPEGS to Dir 5.0 PC my screen resolution goes to shit
even after converting images to transform bitmap.
I continuously get a problem writing to file error when trying to save
changes to images. Why?
Could it be because Dir is attempting to change 32 bit images to 8bit.
It is imperative that I use JPEGS as there are 32 images. Using Pict
format would make the projector too large if imbedded in score, Also
liking to file would require 7 disks, not what the client wants to go
through/.
Also everytimne I attempt to import a compuserve gif(my only other option)
I recieve a
Gif file import filter error. Why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Stefan.P.GIllard

2. Need Help Live Update messed me up

3. Convert Mac Director to PC

4. IE Options

5. Q: PC -> Mac w/ Director, so WHICH MAC?

6. installing east asian language

7. MM Director question: how to convert Mac to IBM (inc. QuickTime)?

8. RegisterClipboardFormat, SetClipboardData

9. DIRECTOR AUTHORING: MAC VS. PC, Your Opinion?

10. Director 5: Mac to PC conversion and SoftWindows

11. Compatibility of Director on PC versus MAC

12. Director MAC -> PC

13. PC -> MAC Director 4.0 Palette problem