Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

Post by juanch » Wed, 08 May 2002 10:10:30

I have a windows media player plug-in in a web page, but it downloads the
file completely and then I can play the file, can I enable the player to
start playing the file while it's buffering or I have to wait for the file
to download to start playing it?  this are the param settings I have for the
plug-ins:

<!-- BEGIN stream --><object id="wmp" width=300 height=70
classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"
codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
cab#Version=6,0,0,0"
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
type="application/x-oleobject">
<param name="FileName" value="{URL}">
<param name="AutoStart" value="0">
<param name="ShowControls" value="1">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
<param name="AutoSize" value="1">
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecomme
nded/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp"
src="{URL}" AutoStart="1" name=MediaPlayer2 showcontrols=1 showdisplay=0
showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0 transparentatstart=1
loop=0 height=70 width=300>
</embed>
</object><!-- END stream -->

Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

Post by Caesa » Thu, 09 May 2002 02:19:03

I am not sure how this code is supposed to work, you are embedding the
plug-in inside the Object????
Well, anyway try to change the AutoStart param from 0 to 1.

Quote:> I have a windows media player plug-in in a web page, but it downloads the
> file completely and then I can play the file, can I enable the player to
> start playing the file while it's buffering or I have to wait for the file
> to download to start playing it?  this are the param settings I have for
the
> plug-ins:

> <!-- BEGIN stream --><object id="wmp" width=300 height=70
> classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"

codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
Quote:> cab#Version=6,0,0,0"
> standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
> type="application/x-oleobject">
> <param name="FileName" value="{URL}">
> <param name="AutoStart" value="0">
> <param name="ShowControls" value="1">
> <param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
> <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
> <param name="AutoSize" value="1">
> <embed type="application/x-mplayer2"

pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecomme
Quote:> nded/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp"
> src="{URL}" AutoStart="1" name=MediaPlayer2 showcontrols=1 showdisplay=0
> showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0

transparentatstart=1
Quote:> loop=0 height=70 width=300>
> </embed>
> </object><!-- END stream -->

Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

Post by zachd [ms » Thu, 09 May 2002 07:57:15

would - since Nav wasn't parsing the Object tag, it parses the Embed tag.
And IE parses the Object tag, and doesn't worry about the Embed tag.

As regards the question of file download, you'd want to use a streaming file
type (ASF, WMA, WMV) as opposed to a monolithic/non-streamed type such as
AVI, MPEG, or WAV.

This e-mail account is unmonitored.  Please only reply to the newsgroups
unless requested.
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.

--

> I am not sure how this code is supposed to work, you are embedding the
> plug-in inside the Object????
> Well, anyway try to change the AutoStart param from 0 to 1.

> > I have a windows media player plug-in in a web page, but it downloads
the
> > file completely and then I can play the file, can I enable the player to
> > start playing the file while it's buffering or I have to wait for the
file
> > to download to start playing it?  this are the param settings I have for
> the
> > plug-ins:

> > <!-- BEGIN stream --><object id="wmp" width=300 height=70
> > classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"

codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
Quote:> > cab#Version=6,0,0,0"
> > standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
> > type="application/x-oleobject">
> > <param name="FileName" value="{URL}">
> > <param name="AutoStart" value="0">
> > <param name="ShowControls" value="1">
> > <param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
> > <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
> > <param name="AutoSize" value="1">
> > <embed type="application/x-mplayer2"

pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecomme

Quote:> > nded/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp"
> > src="{URL}" AutoStart="1" name=MediaPlayer2 showcontrols=1 showdisplay=0
> > showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0
> transparentatstart=1
> > loop=0 height=70 width=300>
> > </embed>
> > </object><!-- END stream -->

Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

Post by huyongh » Tue, 14 May 2002 12:45:53

But when i use a streaming file instead of a non-streamed file, I can't
control it ,as is to say, I can't play it real-time even when it play
completely.

> would - since Nav wasn't parsing the Object tag, it parses the Embed tag.
> And IE parses the Object tag, and doesn't worry about the Embed tag.

> As regards the question of file download, you'd want to use a streaming
file
> type (ASF, WMA, WMV) as opposed to a monolithic/non-streamed type such as
> AVI, MPEG, or WAV.

> --
> (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time)
> This e-mail account is unmonitored.  Please only reply to the newsgroups
> unless requested.
> See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.

> --

> > I am not sure how this code is supposed to work, you are embedding the
> > plug-in inside the Object????
> > Well, anyway try to change the AutoStart param from 0 to 1.

> > > I have a windows media player plug-in in a web page, but it downloads
> the
> > > file completely and then I can play the file, can I enable the player
> > > start playing the file while it's buffering or I have to wait for the
> file
> > > to download to start playing it?  this are the param settings I have
for
> > the
> > > plug-ins:

> > > <!-- BEGIN stream --><object id="wmp" width=300 height=70
> > > classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"

codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
Quote:> > > cab#Version=6,0,0,0"
> > > standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
> > > type="application/x-oleobject">
> > > <param name="FileName" value="{URL}">
> > > <param name="AutoStart" value="0">
> > > <param name="ShowControls" value="1">
> > > <param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
> > > <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
> > > <param name="AutoSize" value="1">
> > > <embed type="application/x-mplayer2"

pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecomme

Quote:> > > nded/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp"
> > > src="{URL}" AutoStart="1" name=MediaPlayer2 showcontrols=1
showdisplay=0
> > > showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0
> > transparentatstart=1
> > > loop=0 height=70 width=300>
> > > </embed>
> > > </object><!-- END stream -->

1. I can not detect Plug-Ins, Help Me Please

Hello Everybody!

I'm happy to meet netizens on the net.

These days I'v got a big ploblem.

It is that I can not detect Plug-Ins which is installed in the microsoft
internet explorer.

In other case, Plug-ins which is installed in netscape navigator, we can
find them by using javascript such as "navigator.plugins"
But this script don't working in IE.

Anyone know how to find out what plug-ins, especially microsoft windows
media player, is installed in IE

2. saving JPEGs in IE6

3. plug-in to remove ads from web pages ?

4. Networking XP to 98

5. Using Astound Web Player Plug-In

6. opening additional browser information

7. Shockwave Plug-ins and Web Proxies

8. games problem

9. how to write web plug-ins under wince.net

10. plug-ins for web browsers

11. How to display property pages for source Plug-ins ?

12. Does Windows Media Player 8 (XP) support plug-ins?

13. I.E. Plug-Ins Problem with Media Player