RIghts Manager V7

Post by jared eisenman » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:02:18

I keep getting this message when I try to open wmv files:

"In order to play this file, you need to upgrade your media player to a
version compatible with Windows Media Rights Manager V7. Select View
Compatible Players below to see a list of compatible media players."

After clikcing on the link below, it takes me to a list of additional
players I have to have.  Alas, each listing takes me to a generic website
and not downloading the appropriote patch to MWP.  ok, now- I also
fail to see WHY if I have the most recent version for OS X that I need to
upgrade to do anything.

About...3 tries away from saying "SCREW YOU BILL GATES" and
recomending to all users I know to use Quicktime- since not only does
it WORK correctly the FIRST TIME, it plays most files on the web.

This total stupidity of the mediaplayer is symptomatic of Microsoft's
own failures.  If you make a player, make it work- the first time; or
don't release it and burden the consumer with a bad product.

RIghts Manager V7

Post by Corentin Cras-Méne » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 07:20:00

        Hi Jared,

Quote:> I keep getting this message when I try to open wmv files:

> "In order to play this file, you need to upgrade your media player to a
> version compatible with Windows Media Rights Manager V7. Select View
> Compatible Players below to see a list of compatible media players."

.....which s not supported in the latest release of WMP for Mac...

Quote:> After clikcing on the link below, it takes me to a list of additional
> players I have to have.  Alas, each listing takes me to a generic website
> and not downloading the appropriote patch to MWP.  ok, now- I also
> fail to see WHY if I have the most recent version for OS X that I need to
> upgrade to do anything.

Well, I don't see any way out for the time being. A new version is
runored to be in development but no one here knows what feature it will
have and when it will be released.

        Corentin

--
 - Mac MVP (Francophone) -

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp
http://www.microsoft.com/FRANCE/Support/home/Newsgroup.Asp

1. Says I Need "Media Rights Manager V7" compatibility

I've hit this snag a few times now when downloading wma files.

The Player quits and I'm taken to a web page that says, "you need to
upgrade your media player to a version compatible with Windows Media
Rights Manager."  There's a link that takes me to a unhelpful list of
"Windows Media Software Product Vendors."

I've downloaded and reinstalled The Media Player for Mac OSX again,
but to no effect.  What are they talking about?

2. Epson GT 7000U and GT 7000S Scanner Under XP

3. MediaPlayer v7, v7.1, v8 hang-up.

4. IE 6 is broken!!

5. handset manager V7 for Motorola phone - modem problem

6. Problems running windows in enhanced mode

7. Windows Media Rights Manager

8. MFC: Creating Large Listviews

9. Can Right Manager protect any type of media file?

10. Graph manager Connect doesn't work right (posibble bug)

11. Problems with setting up Windows Media Rights Manager 1.0

12. How can I get "Windows Media Rights Manager 7 SDK"?

13. Info needed!: Guide to setting up Rights Manager!