Playing musical notes in Director

Post by Eric Iverso » Mon, 08 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to play musical notes in Director in the same way that
one would do it in Hypercard?  (i.e. play harpsichord d5e...)  I'm
trying to write a music application, and this is the one sticking point.
I've looked for XCMD's to do this, and the closest I found was one that
played MOD files.  I suppose an alternative would be to do it with
Quicktime Musical Instruments, but I know very little about this.  Help!

On an alternate note, if there is a Director Movie that already imports
and plays MOD files, I'd gladly pay $$$ for it.

1. ADVICE - How to draw musical notes?`

Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to draw musical notes on a
staff like a music notation program would.
Are bitmaps the best?
Should I go with GDI?
I am leaning towards GDI because they can be resizable, but I am afraid that
they will be much more complex than bitmaps?

Can anyone please share their thoughts with me?

Thanks,
Shawn

2. Dual monitor

3. Fundamental Frequencies of Musical Notes

4. how can I uninstall windows media?

5. My solution and a question to missing musical Note in Music folder icon.

6. Media Player

7. How can I synchronize Note Take notes with Outlook98-notes?

8. bitmap to jpeg

9. QT Musical Instruments and Director 4

10. playing musical CD's on CDROM?

11. play musical memory modules

12. Mouse (optical) freezes while playing a "gong-like" musical melody

13. Musical CDs don't play