WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

Post by Joe » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:40:57

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: WMEncoder 9
"Beta" seems to work well with my Rage Fury Pro; but when I upgraded to the
"Release Candidate" version, everything became green and pink.

What happened?

Regards,
Joe

--
[M]ost propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker, but only to
give m*cowards an excuse not to think at all.

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

Post by Jeremy Drak » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:14:42

Did you check ATI's web-site for the latest update of the Rage drivers? If
you do that it may help out a bit. The other thing you can try is checking
the scource input to make sure it is set correctly. Sometimes S-Video is
selected by default and it causes Composite inputs to come up with color
loses/glitches. I actually use a WinTV USB unit on composite mode. S-Video
causes the picture to come up in B/W with a few like yellow lines.

You'll find the 'Scources' section under the Properties window.

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: WMEncoder 9
> "Beta" seems to work well with my Rage Fury Pro; but when I upgraded to
the
> "Release Candidate" version, everything became green and pink.

> What happened?

> Regards,
> Joe

> --
> [M]ost propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker, but only
> give m*cowards an excuse not to think at all.
> -- Michael Rivero

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

Post by Joe » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:28:48

I've got the latest ATI drivers, checked everything, etc.

What's disturbing is that every other capture application I've tried works
fine, e.g., Windows "Movie Maker", Ulead Video Studio 6, MGI Videowave 5,
etc.

It's something with WMEncoder 9.

Regards,
Joe