How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

Post by Maxi » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 06:02:22

We have our own WinSock software that gets WMV stream from the network in
real-time.
How to use Format SDK to decompress the stream and get uncompressed
samples(in real-time, not writng to a file)?

I tried to use IWMReaderAdvanced2 interface. According to Media SDK it
should work with IStream which represents media content.
But it doesn't. After IWMReaderAdvanced2::OpenStream succeeds, you should be
able to call IWMReader::Start and other methods,
but all of them fail with E_UNEXPECTED.
I know my stream is valid WMV stream, because when I write it to a file,
Media Player plays this file with no problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Maxim

1. How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

We have our own WinSock software that gets WMV stream from the network in
real-time.
How to use Format SDK to decompress the stream and get uncompressed
samples(in real-time, not writng to a file)?

I tried to use IWMReaderAdvanced2 interface. According to Media SDK it
should work with IStream which represents media content.
But it doesn't. After IWMReaderAdvanced2::OpenStream succeeds, you should be
able to call IWMReader::Start and other methods,
but all of them fail with E_UNEXPECTED.
I know my stream is valid WMV stream, because when I write it to a file,
Media Player plays this file with no problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Maxim

2. Gallery-supplied automation and the Class Wizard

3. How to know if the stream is an Audio (wma) or Video (wmv) stream ?

4. too many open ports!

5. WMP 8 not streaming WMV files

6. windows startup

7. how to combine video stream and audio stream into DV stream ?

8. Missing "Search" Feature on XP Home Edition

9. Is there any software can convert DVD files to wmv,asf...etc stream files

10. wma Streaming Content Will NOT Stream

11. MSIE 5.x streaming - Netscpae 4.x not streaming

12. Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

13. Do I need to transcode MP2 file to stream it with windows streaming server?