Connect a musical keyboard to a PS-2 keyboard port ??

Connect a musical keyboard to a PS-2 keyboard port ??

Post by Biochimie Medica » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

I own a laptop with a sound-blaster emulator but no midi port.
I wonder if it is possible to connect a piano-style keyboard (synthe or
anything...?) through the PS-2 keyboard port ?

I recall seeing such a keyboard (from Creative Labs maybe, but I'm not
sure) some time ago but I don't know if it is midi only.

Any help or advice on a suitable instrument and software ?

Thanks for your time,

Pierre Duez.

Connect a musical keyboard to a PS-2 keyboard port ??

Post by Don Knierie » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello... Don't know if you know this, but a soundblaster compatible
soundcard should have a game (joystick) port.  You can attach midi
instruments to this.
Good Luck,
Don

> I own a laptop with a sound-blaster emulator but no midi port.
> I wonder if it is possible to connect a piano-style keyboard (synthe or
> anything...?) through the PS-2 keyboard port ?

> I recall seeing such a keyboard (from Creative Labs maybe, but I'm not
> sure) some time ago but I don't know if it is midi only.

> Any help or advice on a suitable instrument and software ?

> Thanks for your time,

> Pierre Duez.

1. "USB Keyboard not found" error, but I have a working PS/2 keyboard

On booting a new Windows XP system we have just bought, after the user
has logged in, an error box pops up which says "USB Keyboard not
found".  This is no more than an annoyance because the system works
fine with its PS/2 keyboard, you just click OK and the message goes
away - until the next reboot.

However it would be nice to get rid of this annoyance, can anyone
suggest how to get rid of the message?  The message appears even when
there are no USB devices connected at all.

(Followups directed to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)

--
Chris Green

2. Outlook Bar

3. Change USB Keyboard to PS/2 Keyboard

4. XP Home or Pro

5. MS Natural Pro Keyboard, Windows XP, no PS/2 Port

6. wireless printing for window xp

7. Kensington PS/2 Wireless Keyboard 64353

8. IR Interface

9. PS/2 Millenium Keyboard

10. XP not recognizing PS/2 keyboard with USB adaptor

11. Ghost PS/2 keyboard in device manager !!

12. keyboard on PS/2, mouse on USB

13. PS/2 keyboard & mouse no longer work