Why does it overwrite my info?????

Post by Kenneth Pardu » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 03:11:29

Here's one for you guys that never post replies... why on earth does Windows
Media erase the custom info I've put on my CD's in favor of it's own
incorrect, inconsistent mess?  Several times I've put a lot of work into
fixing the mislabeled tracks, poorly titled CD's and everything else to
something managable, and all of a sudden it pops back with the info provided
by the server!!  Aaaaah, how aggrivating!

Any solution???

Kenneth

Why does it overwrite my info?????

Post by john » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:55:41

That is exactly my question too.

I change an attribute (e.g., genre) for a particular track
in WMP, and the nextime I update WMP files by "seaching
the computer", the attribute change goes back.

Somehow the changes you make only stay within WMP.  The
question is, "how to change the attributes so the changes
stay with the file?"

JOhn

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Here's one for you guys that never post replies... why on
earth does Windows
>Media erase the custom info I've put on my CD's in favor
of it's own
>incorrect, inconsistent mess?  Several times I've put a
lot of work into
>fixing the mislabeled tracks, poorly titled CD's and
everything else to
>something managable, and all of a sudden it pops back

with the info provided
Quote:>by the server!!  Aaaaah, how aggrivating!

>Any solution???

>Kenneth

>.

Why does it overwrite my info?????

Post by Karl » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:11:54

Personaly this happens to me when I tried changing info for files that are
playing at that time.  It seems that if track playing - no changes saved to
file - just within WMP itself.

This could possibly be the reason for some of the files.  Seems its not the
only time that WMP does not save the info to file but it is the only one I
know of and can repeat.

Or are files set as read-only for some reason??

Karl

Quote:> That is exactly my question too.

> I change an attribute (e.g., genre) for a particular track
> in WMP, and the nextime I update WMP files by "seaching
> the computer", the attribute change goes back.

> Somehow the changes you make only stay within WMP.  The
> question is, "how to change the attributes so the changes
> stay with the file?"

> JOhn

1. Why does Windows Media Player keep overwriting the info I enter?

I'm continually frustrated by this... I would like for Windows Media
Player to get the chapter/title information for my DVD's/CD's ONCE, when
I first put it in. That's fine and dandy.  But, if my CD or DVD isn't
found, or if I enter my own custom information, it shouldn't overwrite
that with its own info.  This has happened too many times.  Why does it?

Thanks.
Kenneth

2. PDA Dialup

3. wmp 8/xp incorrect info keeps overwriting

4. Disabling the XP's firewall

5. nt4/sp3 automatically overwritten security info ???

6. Backup in XP

7. 4.7 to 5.0 WHY NOT OVERWRITE MICROSOFT?

8. Removed hardware; still shown

9. Why do I sometimes lose custom DOS prompt when switching to DOS?

10. Games + XP ---> it′s s a miracle

11. i can′t open any disk in windows xp becuse it′s format in windows 98

12. heeelp! winsock it′s make me crazy!!!

13. It′s Impossible to print from the server!!!!!!!!!!