DXR FILES

Post by Mik » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

Is there any way to transform dxr files into dir files? or anyway to
see what's inside? please let me know.

DXR FILES

Post by John Dowde » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

> Is there any way to transform dxr files into dir files? or anyway to
> see what's inside? please let me know.

A .DXR file is a protected Director movie. The text version of all Lingo
has been stripped away. There is no way to regenerate the text Lingo from
the compiled Lingo.

If you created this movie then you will need to keep your source files to
be able to edit it.

If you did not create this movie then you will need to license the source
files from the actual developer to be able to edit this movie.

(Sidenote: Director 6 can create .DCR files -- Shockwave files -- within
the application. The D6 authoring environment can run these compressed
files as a separate movie within a window, and Projectors can branch to
these compressed files on the Stage. These shocked .DCR files also have
all Lingo stripped out, and also have all media turned into a read-only
compressed format.)

jd

.
  John Dowdell                ||   Public forums have first claim on
  Macromedia Tech Support     ||   support time -- I cannot sustainably
  San Francisco CA            ||   respond to private email, sorry.

           FreeHand 7.02 updater now at www.macromedia.com
     New searchable Knowledge Base through www.macromedia.com, too

DXR FILES

Post by R. Vinc » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

John,
        Is a DXR created so as to keep prying eyes from stealing your source? How
do you create a .DXR in Director 5 for a pc (or rather, can it be done?).
Thanks

1. Editing Director DXR file in HEX !!!

Hi,

Like a fool I lost the dir file I was working on, machine crashed and didn;t
have backup. Trouble is I have to get in and change some things.

I need to change the colour of a text cast member,  I accidentally left it
black when it should be white, consequentally it can't be seen when it is on
screen. I have used a hex editor on the file to change one text member that
was black, took a long time !!!, but the method I used doesn't seem to be
working on text members that scroll...

I am using an old projector of the file to "compare" the hex code.

Any help will be appreciated

--
Regards
Rob Shaw

Remove "nospam" from my address to reply via email...

2. Unicode

3. .DXR Crack unprotected files

4. trying to install older softwaremfor mp3 player

5. can't play file.DXR - error message

6. message deletion

7. Hollywood Plus or Dxr 2 or 3 decoder work with NT 4.0

8. Event Log Problem

9. Creative PC-DVD 12x with Dxr decoder

10. DXR to DIR Director'sfiles

11. Now that XP has killed my DXr card, what is a good MPEG2 card

12. Creative DVD/Dxr drivers

13. Creative DXR-3 drivers?