Software to create GUI autostart CD

Post by Markus Seibol » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:52:57

Hello NG,
I am locking for a software to create a multimedia CD ROM with autostart
functionality and a GUI.

The software needs to have the following requirements
- the end user shouldn't be required to install any kind of software in
order to use the CD (no plug ins, etc.)
- the CD should have Windows autostart functionality
- the CD should have a GUI with Buttons/Links through which the Enduser can
access the files
- the software should be able to include Audio, Video and regular Textfiles
- the software should be free/cheap. I need this software to publish a CD
for commercial use.

I'd really appreciate any comments regarding software recommendations.

Thanks a lot,
Markus

Software to create GUI autostart CD

Post by Evangelos HIMONIDE » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:31:52

you are talking about Macromedia Director... unfortunately it is not cheap.
you can compile your product and create an executable and then
you can run your executable automatically calling it from autostart.inf

all the best

Evangelos Himonides

Quote:> Hello NG,
> I am locking for a software to create a multimedia CD ROM with autostart
> functionality and a GUI.

> The software needs to have the following requirements
> - the end user shouldn't be required to install any kind of software in
> order to use the CD (no plug ins, etc.)
> - the CD should have Windows autostart functionality
> - the CD should have a GUI with Buttons/Links through which the Enduser
can
> access the files
> - the software should be able to include Audio, Video and regular
Textfiles
> - the software should be free/cheap. I need this software to publish a CD
> for commercial use.

> I'd really appreciate any comments regarding software recommendations.

> Thanks a lot,
> Markus

1. Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Hello, My problem is that my autostart cds dont auto start anymore. Ive checked
the property tabs for both of my drives and auto insert notification is checked
on both. Is this the proper setting for this or is there some other place to
reactivate this feature. I dont know why it went away in the first place,
possibly little hands at work. Unfortunately the little one (4 year old) doesnt
remember where shes been or whats shes done when I catch her messing with the
'puter(as she calls it). Thanks.
George

2. newby question on tcp/ip intranet

3. No autostart on cd-rw or dvd/cd drives

4. Send USSD

5. Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?

6. Encoding Issue

7. Creating Audio CD's using Adaptec software

8. TCP/IP not allowing login accross subnets

9. what software to create multimidea CD?

10. Creating CD-ROM based demo of hi-res MS-DOS software

11. How to create a GUI in an operating system?

12. Can create but can't write to MFC GUI console

13. HELP: I need a text guide for creating GUI apps in win95