DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

Post by Seldo » Mon, 13 May 2002 04:53:04

Hello,

                Im lost in the DirectX SDK and Windows Medias ;)

So, I have some questions ehhehe.

First, I have to read a MP3 file with DirectShow ( there is not any
problems at all ). After, I have to take the sound output and put it in
the primary buffer of an DirectSound object. After, I need to read
another MP3 with DirectShow then send the audio output to the secondary
buffer of my DirectSound object.

Okay, I need some hints on how to proceed becose I can't find where the
audio output of DirectShow is stored, and if he is directly compatible
with DirectSound. This introduce some others questions about Windows
Media Format:

First, when DirectShow decode media sources, is the output an
uncompressed media stream called the "media simples" ?

After, is this stream compatible with every Windows Media manipulation
module ( like, DirectShow, DirectSound, Windows Media Encoder, Windows,
Media Format, etc )?

If yes, Can I directly take the DirectSound output source and encode it
with Windows Media Encoder codecs?

I have some problems to find out how windows media format work.

Finally, there is the graph of what I need to do:

MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|
                       |DirectSound|-->Windows Media Encoder-->output.
MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|

Thank alot for you Help,

Salutations,

Fred

DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

Post by biondell » Wed, 15 May 2002 23:31:50

There is a sample "asfcopy" in the directx sdk under directshow\misc. I
haven't taken a closer look yet but you can give it an mp3 as input then a
system profile and target wma. It uses direct show to decode the mp3. That
way it should support any format whose codec is available. The strange thing
is when you give it a wma as input. It seems to encode in real time? which
makes it very slow.

Quote:> Hello,

> Im lost in the DirectX SDK and Windows Medias ;)

> So, I have some questions ehhehe.

> First, I have to read a MP3 file with DirectShow ( there is not any
> problems at all ). After, I have to take the sound output and put it in
> the primary buffer of an DirectSound object. After, I need to read
> another MP3 with DirectShow then send the audio output to the secondary
> buffer of my DirectSound object.

> Okay, I need some hints on how to proceed becose I can't find where the
> audio output of DirectShow is stored, and if he is directly compatible
> with DirectSound. This introduce some others questions about Windows
> Media Format:

> First, when DirectShow decode media sources, is the output an
> uncompressed media stream called the "media simples" ?

> After, is this stream compatible with every Windows Media manipulation
> module ( like, DirectShow, DirectSound, Windows Media Encoder, Windows,
> Media Format, etc )?

> If yes, Can I directly take the DirectSound output source and encode it
> with Windows Media Encoder codecs?

> I have some problems to find out how windows media format work.

> Finally, there is the graph of what I need to do:

> MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|
>        |DirectSound|-->Windows Media Encoder-->output.
> MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|

> Thank alot for you Help,

> Salutations,

> Fred

DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

Post by Treveis » Wed, 15 May 2002 23:12:52

Hello,

        Thank for your reply.

I found the answer to my question. I use the Windows Media Format to
decompress MP3 in PCM string, then, I put this string in the DirectSound
buffer for mixing.

So, I have a last problem:  I have a PCM stream in memory. So, How can I
set the input stream to the Windows Media Encoder IWMEncSource interface
to this stream in memory. The problem is that the SetInput method only
get file,  plug-ins and device as source.

Thank,

Salutations,

Fred

DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

Post by Eric Sassaman [MS » Fri, 17 May 2002 12:06:09

Please note that this newsgroup is no longer active. We recommend you
repost your question to microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video as
the best place to discuss any DirectShow, DirectAnimation, or
DirectTransforms programming questions. You'll find a much more active
community and better support there.

If you are not sure where to post, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups
for a good list of newsgroups for programmers, or
http://communities.microsoft.com for more Microsoft products.
_____________
Eric Sassaman
Microsoft Support

Quote:> Hello,

> Im lost in the DirectX SDK and Windows Medias ;)

> So, I have some questions ehhehe.

> First, I have to read a MP3 file with DirectShow ( there is not any
> problems at all ). After, I have to take the sound output and put it in
> the primary buffer of an DirectSound object. After, I need to read
> another MP3 with DirectShow then send the audio output to the secondary
> buffer of my DirectSound object.

> Okay, I need some hints on how to proceed becose I can't find where the
> audio output of DirectShow is stored, and if he is directly compatible
> with DirectSound. This introduce some others questions about Windows
> Media Format:

> First, when DirectShow decode media sources, is the output an
> uncompressed media stream called the "media simples" ?

> After, is this stream compatible with every Windows Media manipulation
> module ( like, DirectShow, DirectSound, Windows Media Encoder, Windows,
> Media Format, etc )?

> If yes, Can I directly take the DirectSound output source and encode it
> with Windows Media Encoder codecs?

> I have some problems to find out how windows media format work.

> Finally, there is the graph of what I need to do:

> MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|
>        |DirectSound|-->Windows Media Encoder-->output.
> MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|

> Thank alot for you Help,

> Salutations,

> Fred

1. WM Format, WM Encode, DirectShow and DirectSound questions ( how the Interact )

Hello,

         Im lost in the DirectX SDK and Windows Medias ;)

So, I have some questions ehhehe.

First, I have to read a MP3 file with DirectShow ( there is not any
problems at all ). After, I have to take the sound output and put it in
the primary buffer of an DirectSound object. After, I need to read
another MP3 with DirectShow then send the audio output to the secondary
buffer of my DirectSound object.

Okay, I need some hints on how to proceed becose I can't find where the
audio output of DirectShow is stored, and if he is directly compatible
with DirectSound. This introduce some others questions about Windows
Media Format:

First, when DirectShow decode media sources, is the output an
uncompressed media stream called the "media simples" ?

After, is this stream compatible with every Windows Media manipulation
module ( like, DirectShow, DirectSound, Windows Media Encoder, Windows,
Media Format, etc )?

If yes, Can I directly take the DirectSound output source and encode it
with Windows Media Encoder codecs?

I have some problems to find out how windows media format work.

Finally, there is the graph of what I need to do:

MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|
                |DirectSound|-->Windows Media Encoder-->output.
MP3  -->DirectShow  -->|-----------|

Thank alot for you Help,

Salutations,

Fred

2. Determining a visible point on a view

3. Stream retrieval between WM Encoder & WM Format

4. Media player stops intermittently when playing in the background

5. WM Encoder 7.1 & WM Server Encoder

6. Freezing.. weird sounds

7. couple questions about WM Encoder & DirectShow

8. xp and serial bus

9. pb with wm encoder 7 and wm server 4.1

10. WM Encoder 9 to WM on NT4

11. Can play using WM Player but not WM Edition

12. DirectShow and DirectSound