WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

Post by Nelson Navarr » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:42:48

Hello,

I was able to use WMEncoder 9 "Beta" with my ATI Rage Fury
Pro video card, and it worked just fine, but when I
installed the new "Release Candidate" version, I get
nothing but green and pink.

What happened?

Regards,
NN

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

Post by Michael Patten [MS » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:39:59

This is a known issue with the ATI capture drivers.  A fix has been posted
to the following web site:

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/tv-capture-wdm-6-13-10-6163v1.html

After running the ATI patch, verify in device manager that the WDM ATI
drivers all have 6.13.10.6163 as their driver numbers.
If the version numbers do not match then you will need to:

1) Uninstall ALL ATI drivers (including video display drivers) and reboot
2) Do NOT allow Windows to install drivers after Windows starts
3) Manually reinstall the video display drivers - do NOT reboot when
prompted
4) Install tv-capture-wdm-6-13-10-6163v1.exe - reboot when prompted.

Michael

purposes only.

Quote:> Hello,

> I was able to use WMEncoder 9 "Beta" with my ATI Rage Fury
> Pro video card, and it worked just fine, but when I
> installed the new "Release Candidate" version, I get
> nothing but green and pink.

> What happened?

> Regards,
> NN

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

Post by Nelson Navarr » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:25:12

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.
Why was there no problem with the "beta" version, and how
come all the other capture applications I've tried don't
seem to have a problem?

Regards,
NN

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This is a known issue with the ATI capture drivers.  A
fix has been posted
>to the following web site:

>http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/tv-capture-wdm-6-13-
10-6163v1.html

>After running the ATI patch, verify in device manager
that the WDM ATI
>drivers all have 6.13.10.6163 as their driver numbers.
>If the version numbers do not match then you will need to:

>1) Uninstall ALL ATI drivers (including video display
drivers) and reboot
>2) Do NOT allow Windows to install drivers after Windows
starts
>3) Manually reinstall the video display drivers - do NOT
reboot when
>prompted
>4) Install tv-capture-wdm-6-13-10-6163v1.exe - reboot
when prompted.

>Michael

>--
confers no rights.
>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup

>purposes only.

>> Hello,

>> I was able to use WMEncoder 9 "Beta" with my ATI Rage
Fury
>> Pro video card, and it worked just fine, but when I
>> installed the new "Release Candidate" version, I get
>> nothing but green and pink.

>> What happened?

>> Regards,
>> NN

>.

WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

Post by Nelson Navarr » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:51:23

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried everything you suggested, and then some; to no
avail.

If the problem is the ATI card, why is it that the
WMEncoder "beta" version worked fine, as did every other
other video capture application I've tried, e.g., Ulead
Video Studio 6, MGI VideoWave 5, Windows "Movie Maker",
etc.?

Regards,
Nelson Navarro

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This is a known issue with the ATI capture drivers.  A
fix has been posted
>to the following web site:

>http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/tv-capture-wdm-6-13-
10-6163v1.html

>After running the ATI patch, verify in device manager
that the WDM ATI
>drivers all have 6.13.10.6163 as their driver numbers.
>If the version numbers do not match then you will need to:

>1) Uninstall ALL ATI drivers (including video display
drivers) and reboot
>2) Do NOT allow Windows to install drivers after Windows
starts
>3) Manually reinstall the video display drivers - do NOT
reboot when
>prompted
>4) Install tv-capture-wdm-6-13-10-6163v1.exe - reboot
when prompted.

>Michael

>--
confers no rights.
>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup

>purposes only.

>> Hello,

>> I was able to use WMEncoder 9 "Beta" with my ATI Rage
Fury
>> Pro video card, and it worked just fine, but when I
>> installed the new "Release Candidate" version, I get
>> nothing but green and pink.

>> What happened?

>> Regards,
>> NN

>.

1. WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: WMEncoder 9
"Beta" seems to work well with my Rage Fury Pro; but when I upgraded to the
"Release Candidate" version, everything became green and pink.

What happened?

Regards,
Joe

--
[M]ost propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker, but only to
give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all.

2. uninstalling Plus XP

3. What's Wrong With WMEncoder 9 "Release Candidate"?

4. Network Adapter enumeration

5. document.open("text/html", "replace") doesn't work for frames !

6. ATTENTION ALL WINDOWS XP, PHP & APACHE USERS

7. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

8. Tapping Enabled

9. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

10. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

11. Media Player doesn't connect to "Radio Tuner" or "Media Guide"

12. "Reply" doesn't always indent with ">"

13. "No connection": "Try again" doesn't really try again