Microsoft: Have you talked to the DVD companies about the frame drop problem?

Microsoft: Have you talked to the DVD companies about the frame drop problem?

Post by Jaso » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:29:08

Dear Microsoft,

As you already know, when you try to encode MPEG2 files into WMV9 in Encoder
9, the DVD decoders drop frames as soon as CPU usage reaches 100 %, which
results in the dreaded frame dropping problem.  So far, all encoders have
this problem.  You can get around this problem with WinDVD, but you need to
edit the registry manually.  With all other DVD decoders, you're out of
luck.  So my question is, have you contacted the manufactures of the various
DVD decoders and talked to them about fixing this problem in upcoming
releases of their software?  Do Nvidia, Intervideo, and *link plan to
fix this problem in the future?

Any info about this would be helpful.  Thanks.

Jason

1. How to stop a DVD video dropping frames?

Hello
How to stop a DVD video dropping frames? DMA is enabled for DVD drive.
--
Please, inform me of your reply: click Message menu, then 'Reply to all' in
Outlook Express (this sends your reply to the newsgroups and to my email

Mr. Dmitriy Kopnichev

2. Win95 TCP-IP applications problem

3. Can a transform filter decide to drop frames or modify the frame rate ?

4. cannot create spooled file - printing to connected printer.

5. Is Microsoft's FTP server (ftp.microsoft.com) having problems ??

6. linksys

7. Pathetic - MICROSOFT WMP9 can't talk to MICROSOFT MP3 Smartphone!

8. Remote Desktop

9. DVD-RW drag and drop dvd-rw burning no longer works

10. need to configure company PC to ALLOW cross-frame interaction even if different domains involved

11. having problem with dvd/cd burning???

12. Open Letter to All Having Problems with Win2K/XP and CD/DVD Burning...