Need help: Convert .dat file in VCD to ASF format

Need help: Convert .dat file in VCD to ASF format

Post by Gala » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:17:33

hi guys,

Is there anyway to specify which audio channel of a music VCD to use when
converting a .dat/.mpg/.avi MTV video to .ASF format?
Becaue in some of my music VCD's, one channel has only background music, the
other channel has music and vocal and when I convert the music video to
.asf, it uses the channel that doesn't have vocal.

let's say that  my VCD's audio channel spec is like the one below:

left channel: background music
right channel: music and vocal

If it used the left channel in the encoding, then when I play the .asf, I
will only hear the background music.   In my experience, there is no way to
tell the encoder which audio channel to use. It always use the default
channel(and different VCD's have different default channels).   But i don't
want to create .asf's that has no vocal.  Are there any other ways to get
around this problem?  Thanks!!!

Need help: Convert .dat file in VCD to ASF format

Post by Alessandro Angel » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:35:33

You might use TMPGEnc to demultiplex the MPEG stream and extract the audio
or VirtualDub to extract the audio stream as WAV. Do whatever you want with
the audio, then re-multiplex it back into the file using TMPGEnc again.

Quote:

> hi guys,

> Is there anyway to specify which audio channel of a music VCD to use when
> converting a .dat/.mpg/.avi MTV video to .ASF format?
> Becaue in some of my music VCD's, one channel has only background music,
the
> other channel has music and vocal and when I convert the music video to
> .asf, it uses the channel that doesn't have vocal.

> let's say that  my VCD's audio channel spec is like the one below:

> left channel: background music
> right channel: music and vocal

> If it used the left channel in the encoding, then when I play the .asf, I
> will only hear the background music.   In my experience, there is no way
> tell the encoder which audio channel to use. It always use the default
> channel(and different VCD's have different default channels).   But i
don't
> want to create .asf's that has no vocal.  Are there any other ways to get
> around this problem?  Thanks!!!

1. Help: Convert ASF Format to another ASF Format

Subject: Help:  Converting ASF Files to Other Formats
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2000 9:23 AM

Is there any way to convert an ASF file into another ASF format?  I have
recorded a number of Multi-Bit Rate ASFs and need to convert a few to
Single-Bit Rate ASFs; as such, in checking out the WM 4.1 tools, it does not
appear that there is a way to "convert" from one ASF format to another ASF
format.

I'm kind of in a pinch and would appreciate any help...

Thanks,
TDM

2. error notice

3. Convert VCD formatted PAL into VCD format NTSC

4. cannot burn after reinstalling xp

5. Convert VCD's to ASF format

6. Disconnecting the dialer

7. converting *.avi files to *.dat files for VCD presentation

8. missing cdrom

9. Difference between VCD(.dat) file and mpeg file's format?

10. how could i convert a .dat file of Video cd to .asf file(no contents)

11. Need to convert asf file to any other format

12. How to encode VCD(*.DAT) to a ASF file

13. WMP7 suddenly quit playing .dat files of VCD's (format not supported?)