Support for MSDN Subscribers and Windows XP Media Center Edition

Support for MSDN Subscribers and Windows XP Media Center Edition

Post by Charlie Owen [MSFT » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:43:46

We are proud to announce a support LISTSERV for MSDN subscribers and Windows
XP Media Center Edition.

What is a LISTSERV?

A LISTSERV is a communication tool that offers its members the opportunity
to post suggestions or questions to a large number of people at the same
time. When you submit a question or something that you want to share to the
LISTSERV, your submission is distributed to all of the other people on that
list.  It is less formal than a newsgroup and offers real-time collaboration
for the members on the LISTSERV.

Why a LISTSERV and not a newsgroup?

The LISTSERV is targeted to a very specific audience and will only be
comprised of MSDN subscribers and Microsoft team members with the sole
purpose of supporting the installation of Windows XP Media Center Edition
available from the MSDN product download area.  This is a very small group
of individuals compared to all Media Center PC users so we do not need the
support and infrastructure provided by a full newsgroup.

What topics and questions can be addressed by the listserv?

As long as the topic is related to getting Windows XP Media Center Edition
from the MSDN product download area installed and running correctly,
anything is fair game.  The already established newsgroups should be used
for topics NOT related to setup and applicable troubleshooting.

Who can interact with the listserv?

Only individuals joined to the LISTSERV can post and see activity.

Who can join the listserv?

Only MSDN Subscribers can join this LISTSERV .

I am an MSDN Subscriber, when can I join?

Today, by following these instructions...

the message as 'subscribe msdnmce' without the quotes.

Step 2 --> You will receive a Command Confirmation Request email from the
list server. You must confirm your email address with the hyperlink in this
email.

This is designed to protect your privacy and add a layer of security to the
process. You should see the following message in your browser window if
confirmation of your email address is successful: 'Your request to join the
MSDNMCE list has been forwarded to the list owner for approval.'

SUBJECT as 'MSDN Windows XP Media Center Edition Support LISTSERV Request'
and the following information in the BODY of the email:

MSDN Subscriber ID:
Email Address:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone:
(Optional) Fax:
(Optional) My Usage of Windows XP Media Center Edition Product from MSDN:

Step 4 --> Upon confirmation of your email address (Step 2) and receipt of
your Contact Information (Step 3) Microsoft will approve your request to be
added to the LISTSERV.

Step 5 --> You will receive an email with the subject 'You have been added
to the MSDNMCE list'. Save this email for future reference.  It contains
instructions for posting messages to the LISTSERV and how to remove yourself
from the LISTSERV.

Charlie Owen [MSFT]

Support for MSDN Subscribers and Windows XP Media Center Edition

Post by Ed Rich [MSFT » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:07:18

OK...so it took a little longer than we expected...

If you have downloaded Windows XP Media Center Edition from MSDN, you now
have a home for those questions.

I want to thank all you who have endured the delay while we got this going
and kudos to the MVP's and a few other excellent posters (some who just
might be invited to become MVP's) who stepped up and answered the tough
questions.

Best Regards,

--
Ed Rich [MSFT]

> We are proud to announce a support LISTSERV for MSDN subscribers and
Windows
> XP Media Center Edition.

> What is a LISTSERV?

> A LISTSERV is a communication tool that offers its members the opportunity
> to post suggestions or questions to a large number of people at the same
> time. When you submit a question or something that you want to share to
the
> LISTSERV, your submission is distributed to all of the other people on
that
> list.  It is less formal than a newsgroup and offers real-time
collaboration
> for the members on the LISTSERV.

> Why a LISTSERV and not a newsgroup?

> The LISTSERV is targeted to a very specific audience and will only be
> comprised of MSDN subscribers and Microsoft team members with the sole
> purpose of supporting the installation of Windows XP Media Center Edition
> available from the MSDN product download area.  This is a very small group
> of individuals compared to all Media Center PC users so we do not need the
> support and infrastructure provided by a full newsgroup.

> What topics and questions can be addressed by the listserv?

> As long as the topic is related to getting Windows XP Media Center Edition
> from the MSDN product download area installed and running correctly,
> anything is fair game.  The already established newsgroups should be used
> for topics NOT related to setup and applicable troubleshooting.

> Who can interact with the listserv?

> Only individuals joined to the LISTSERV can post and see activity.

> Who can join the listserv?

> Only MSDN Subscribers can join this LISTSERV .

> I am an MSDN Subscriber, when can I join?

> Today, by following these instructions...

of
> the message as 'subscribe msdnmce' without the quotes.

> Step 2 --> You will receive a Command Confirmation Request email from the
> list server. You must confirm your email address with the hyperlink in
this
> email.

> This is designed to protect your privacy and add a layer of security to
the
> process. You should see the following message in your browser window if
> confirmation of your email address is successful: 'Your request to join
the
> MSDNMCE list has been forwarded to the list owner for approval.'

> SUBJECT as 'MSDN Windows XP Media Center Edition Support LISTSERV Request'
> and the following information in the BODY of the email:

> MSDN Subscriber ID:
> Email Address:
> First Name:
> Last Name:
> Street Address:
> City:
> State:
> Zip:
> Phone:
> (Optional) Fax:
> (Optional) My Usage of Windows XP Media Center Edition Product from MSDN:

> Step 4 --> Upon confirmation of your email address (Step 2) and receipt of
> your Contact Information (Step 3) Microsoft will approve your request to
be
> added to the LISTSERV.

> Step 5 --> You will receive an email with the subject 'You have been added
> to the MSDNMCE list'. Save this email for future reference.  It contains
> instructions for posting messages to the LISTSERV and how to remove
yourself
> from the LISTSERV.

> Charlie Owen [MSFT]

rights.