Windows Media Player 7.1 Locked on Locating Media

Windows Media Player 7.1 Locked on Locating Media

Post by CHANGE username to just weste » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:15:17

I have Windows 2000 and Windows Media Player 7.1.   In the last few weeks,
any attempt to download a media file from the Internet has resulted in a
permanent "Locating Media" message in the player window, and it never
progresses beyond that.   I get no diagnostics when the timeout occurs.

I checked firewall logs and nothing is being blocked.   The Internet
connection is fine and other Internet applications work well on this
machine.

What would cause these symptoms?

--
Will

NOTE:   To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT uscsw.com

Windows Media Player 7.1 Locked on Locating Media

Post by digitalexpl » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:00:04

I had a similar problem with Media Player 7.1.
Reinstalling Media Player was the only thing that fixed
the problem

Quote:>-----Original Message-----