My posts seem to be disappearing on msnews.microsoft.com's news server

My posts seem to be disappearing on msnews.microsoft.com's news server

Post by Adam Schricke » Sat, 12 May 2001 03:07:33

I am not sure if this is delibrate or just a fluke.  But I am finding my
posts are staying on news.microsoft.com's news server.  FYI to everyone...
I also heard the microsoft acknowledged that IE for Mac does not fully work
with embedded WMP7 for Mac, where NS for Mac does (using the same calls for
NS for Windows).  Is this true? and does anyone know more info, like when
this problem will be fixed, etc.
adam

My posts seem to be disappearing on msnews.microsoft.com's news server

Post by Lars Nilsta » Fri, 18 May 2001 01:51:24

With MacNav you can embed it and script to it.  On MacIE, you can also embed
the plug-in, but you can't script to it because it doesn't support
LiveConnect (which is how MacNav does it).

Lars

Quote:> I am not sure if this is delibrate or just a fluke.  But I am finding my
> posts are staying on news.microsoft.com's news server.  FYI to everyone...
> I also heard the microsoft acknowledged that IE for Mac does not fully
work
> with embedded WMP7 for Mac, where NS for Mac does (using the same calls
for
> NS for Windows).  Is this true? and does anyone know more info, like when
> this problem will be fixed, etc.
> adam

1. news.microsoft.com vs msnews.microsoft.com

I have subscribed to a number of newsgroups under "news.microsoft.com".
Today I opened one from a link in InsideOE.com  (the best technical web site
I've seen!).  When I closed it, I was asked if I wanted to subscribe.  I
said, "yes," and found myself wit a new server entry (I think 'server' is
the correct term)?  This is "msnews.microsoft.com".  At least one of the
newsgroups is the same in each place.  I expect they all are.  Can someone
explain the relationship between "msnews.microsoft.com" and
"news.microsoft.com".

tia
laurel

2. 4.2 Emultator support for Bluetooth adapters?

3. msnews.microsoft.com news.nj.comcast.giganews.com

4. web page

5. What's happened to msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowce ?

6. Serial communication (again!)

7. What is the retention time for posts on msnews.microsoft.com

8. Installing Word and Works

9. msnews.microsoft.com server acting wierd?

10. groups.google.com & msnews.microsoft.com archive?

11. msnews.microsoft.com's retention

12. Why doesn't news://msnews.microsoft.com work anymore?

13. msnews.microsoft.com\microsoft.public.basic.dos