Telephone connection - help needed

Post by Trond Andres » Wed, 26 Oct 1994 19:40:44

I am looking for harware and software too
solve the following problem:

Ten telephione lines are to be connected to a computer.
People may call up the computer and leave
digitized messages which are stored on the hard disk
("RECORD" mode).
Other people may call and listen to messages which
are stored ("PLAY" mode). Navigation is done through pressing the
numeric keys on the the telephone, following  voice
instructions which are given from the system.

I am looking for commercial systems - hardware
in the form of cards which may be plugged into
a powerful PC, and real-time software preferably
running under OS/2 - which may handle 10 connections
or more simultaneously.

Does anyone have advice? Are there other newsgroups that
I should try with this query?

Thanks beforehand!

| Department of Engineering *netics       |
| The Norwegian Institute of Technology       |
| N-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY                    |
|                                             |
| phone (work)  +47 73 59 43 58               |
| fax   (work)  +47 73 59 43 99               |
| private phone +47 73 53 08 23               |

[...]

1. How to call a telephone number via irda and mobile telephone within an embedded vb app ?

Hi,

i need in my application (coded in microsoft embedded vb 3.0, using a
pocketpc, compaq ipaq) the ability to call a telephone number via irda and a
mobile phone (handy).
what technologie should i use, the Tapi Api , or something else ?
Does anybody have an example code or a website where this issue is discussed
?

Thanks in advance
Bernd

--
Pocket PC Usergroup Franken / Nordbayern
http://members.tripod.de/lydohr/pocketpc/index.html

2. Hardware upgrade question

3. I need help/I need help/I need help

4. outlook express

5. telephone-intranet connection

6. Disabling a scheduled CHKDSK scan?

7. Telephone messages cutting connection

8. Automated/remote method to change IP address in Windows NT 3.51?

9. computer & telephone connection

10. Connection via telephone to Intranet

11. Telephone connection

12. need recommendation on telephone answering system for windows XP Profesional

13. Need a list of telephone no.s to activate windows xp