My music duplicate albums

Post by Rich » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:52:08

Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed once
with no duplication. However when using the media center
program andd viewing by album, there are many duplicated
entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
canidate version is not compatible with media center. I'd
just like to be able to click an album and have the WHOLE
thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please help!

My music duplicate albums

Post by Alex Feinma » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:51:48

Are you using WMP8 or WMP9?

Quote:> Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
> problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed once
> with no duplication. However when using the media center
> program andd viewing by album, there are many duplicated
> entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
> 4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
> sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
> to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
> canidate version is not compatible with media center. I'd
> just like to be able to click an album and have the WHOLE
> thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please help!

My music duplicate albums

Post by J.M. Wiley [MS » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 00:46:47

Rich,

How did you get these albums? Were they copied using Media Player, or did
you get them some other way?

Media Center 1.0 groups albums either using the TOC (table of contents) if
ripped using Media Player, or by name if copied using some other program and
the album name is present. The album names need to be exact matches in order
for media center to group them properly.

Let me know more, we should be able to figure out the issue.

Sincerely,
J.M. Wiley
Audio Dev Lead - Windows XP Media Center Edition

As always, this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

Quote:> Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
> problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed once
> with no duplication. However when using the media center
> program andd viewing by album, there are many duplicated
> entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
> 4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
> sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
> to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
> canidate version is not compatible with media center. I'd
> just like to be able to click an album and have the WHOLE
> thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please help!

My music duplicate albums

Post by <Luis> » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:44:31

You can try to fix this the following way.

Go to Media Player, select Media library, select "all audio. Click on the
right panel, click "Ctrl-A" to select all files, press the DELete button.
Don't worry, it won't remove it from disk.

Then go to the Tools menu, select search for music, provide the path where
you want to look for, and click OK.

That should rebuild the library.

Open MC again, you'll be all set.

Also, remember that the Album, artits and title information is pulled from
the ID tags, not from the file name, so make sure all files have the ID set
correctly (both MP3 and WMA)

Hope this helps.

Luis

Quote:> Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
> problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed once
> with no duplication. However when using the media center
> program andd viewing by album, there are many duplicated
> entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
> 4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
> sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
> to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
> canidate version is not compatible with media center. I'd
> just like to be able to click an album and have the WHOLE
> thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please help!

My music duplicate albums

Post by Rich » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:47:14

I have tried WMP8 and WMP9RC1. Wmp9 did not share library
info with media center and I had NO MUSIC listed in MC
while there were 200 albums listed in the WMP9 library. I
have tried deleting my library (not files) and re-loading
them again with the search feature, I even tried using
the library management tool in WMP Bonus pack for version
8. I've been using computers since MS-DOS 5.0 and this is
the longest I've been stumped by a stupid problem! I have
5 versions of A Tribe called quests Beats Rhymes and
Life... very weak! I appreciate your help...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
>problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed once
>with no duplication. However when using the media center
>program andd viewing by album, there are many duplicated
>entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
>4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
>sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
>to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
>canidate version is not compatible with media center.
I'd
>just like to be able to click an album and have the
WHOLE
>thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please
help!

>.

My music duplicate albums

Post by Rich » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:51:43

It appears to be random. Some albums that i ripped 3
years ago using Musicmatch Jukebox show up fine, and then
some don't. Some albums I ripped on my last computer
running wmpxp 8 are fine, and then some duplicate. It
seems completely random. I even tried deleting all the
non mp3 files in the directory (art, and .ini file) but
it shows up as 2 albums with no art! where is WMP getting
this info? I have checked 5 times that all the songs ID3
are the same album!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Rich,

>How did you get these albums? Were they copied using

Media Player, or did
Quote:>you get them some other way?

>Media Center 1.0 groups albums either using the TOC

(table of contents) if
Quote:>ripped using Media Player, or by name if copied using

some other program and
Quote:>the album name is present. The album names need to be

exact matches in order
Quote:>for media center to group them properly.

>Let me know more, we should be able to figure out the
issue.

>Sincerely,
>J.M. Wiley
>Audio Dev Lead - Windows XP Media Center Edition

>As always, this posting is provided "AS IS" with no

warranties, and confers
>no rights.

>> Someone please tell me how to fix this VERY ANNOYING
>> problem. In WMPXP Media Library, an album is listed
once
>> with no duplication. However when using the media
center
>> program andd viewing by album, there are many
duplicated
>> entries for the albums, and the 2nd instance (or 3rd or
>> 4th even!) have only 1 or 2 songs from the album. It
>> sucks to have 4 entries for a single album. I tried
>> to use the WMP 9 canidate even, but apparently this
>> canidate version is not compatible with media center.
I'd
>> just like to be able to click an album and have the
WHOLE
>> thing play.. This must be a bug... Any ideas? Please
help!

>.

My music duplicate albums

Post by J.M. Wiley [MS » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:27:47

I am assuming that the songs ripped using Music Match are stored as MP3's.
If that is the case, do the album names agree? Since MP3 files do not have
TOCs, then Media Center will use the album name to group the songs. Can you
give me some examples?

What do you mean by duplicate? They are showing up twice in Media Center? Do
they show up twice in Media Player?

Hopefully we can figure this out.

Sincerely,
J.M. Wiley
Audio Dev Lead - Windows XP Media Center Edition

As always, this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

> It appears to be random. Some albums that i ripped 3
> years ago using Musicmatch Jukebox show up fine, and then
> some don't. Some albums I ripped on my last computer
> running wmpxp 8 are fine, and then some duplicate. It
> seems completely random. I even tried deleting all the
> non mp3 files in the directory (art, and .ini file) but
> it shows up as 2 albums with no art! where is WMP getting
> this info? I have checked 5 times that all the songs ID3
> are the same album!

1. Album art replacing music note icon on My Music folder???

I have Windows XP and whenever I play an mp3 from My
Music folder it takes the album art(assuming it's
available from internet) for whichever song I play and
puts it on the My Music folder(which can only be seen
using thumbnail view so I just see a blank closed folder
icon w/out the little music note).

I tried creating a new folder, moving all music to it,
putting the music note icon on it, then renaming it My
Music and deleting old folder but same thing. Once it
recognizes it as My Music folder it will not let you
change the icon because customize tab will disappear on
system folders. I know it's a small problem but annoying
as helll. Can anyone help?

2. What does dual CPU do for NT and Windows 2000?

3. Duplicate Album Name

4. Problems with Sony DRU-510A - XP specific?

5. Duplicate albums

6. capturing dos graphics screens

7. Album art duplicate files

8. win 32 applications

9. Duplicate Albums in MEDIA CENTER EDITION!!! HELP!!!

10. Editing album details - downloaded music files

11. My Music Album Cover

12. My Music, Media Center, Folders, Album Art

13. no album info for classical music cds