Windows Media Player 9 mystery

Post by Andreas Gumto » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:34:07

I've installed the Windows Media Player 9 for Windows 9X on my computer.
Everything worked fine. After a few days without any change the Media Player
say: Media Player not full installed, try to download the Media Player from
MS. I tried, but the installation breaks (wm_setup ... error in module ...)
and the media player is not installed.

Anyone else with this problem ? Or solved it ?

Windows Media Player 9 mystery

Post by zachd [ms » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:03:12

What's the exact error?

-Zach
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> I've installed the Windows Media Player 9 for Windows 9X on my computer.
> Everything worked fine. After a few days without any change the Media
Player
> say: Media Player not full installed, try to download the Media Player
from
> MS. I tried, but the installation breaks (wm_setup ... error in module
...)
> and the media player is not installed.

> Anyone else with this problem ? Or solved it ?

1. Codec Mystery Errors in Windows Media Player

I have a few AVIs from the web. When I run certain AVIs
in WMP I get a status line that says "opening
media," "connecting to codec server," "sending request
for codec,""connecting to codec server," "sending request
for codec," "error downloading codec" and then the AVI
plays without video. Sound only. I also tried running
them with the player tab option "download codecs
automatically" unchecked. According to the help file the
player should prompt me to download the codec. It does
not.
I have no idea what codec is missing and WMP update says
I have "the latest edition and all components, no
upgrades available at this time." In Windows update there
are no WMP updates I do not have.
The sites where I got the AVIs are major sites with no
notes about special or unique codecs needed to play the
AVI. I have no idea what codecs are missing, how to
download or install them manually, or even why this error
is occuring. Any tips or advice anyone can give would be
much appreciated.

2. CD Autostart

3. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

4. ### Mail Order Vendor ??? ###

5. Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP and Windows Media Player 9

6. Is NetScape still free?

7. I.E. and windows media player/media player

8. xp home account freeze up

9. Windows ME - Media Player 7.0 - Dialog Open freezes Media Player

10. how to make Windows Media Player the default media player.

11. Windows XP Plus! Media Player Voice Commands with Media Player 9 RC1

12. Change IE6 Default Media Player to Windows Media Player 9

13. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER - MEDIA PLAYER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM