Uninstall WMP 9 Beta

Post by Suge » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 13:41:12

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me here...  How can I
uninstall WMP 9 Beta?  I'm mediocre with computer (knows a
lot about it but stuff like regedit still confuses me) and
I've tried everything that I can think of...  Control
Panel Uninstall (the program not listed), freeware third
party uninstaller... re-installing WMP 7.1 without
uninstalling WMP 9 Beta...nothing works...  I'm thinking
of getting a uninstaller program from McAfee or Norton
tomorrow but still not sure it will works either...
Deleting each and every file and editing the registry is
the only thing I can think of right now but that's
dangerous and takes time...

Since installing this program (just 5 hours ago)
everything is messed up... thanks to the legal permission
thing for music and stuff I can't download videos...  it
usually asked for User and Pass but with this WMP it
doesn't even asked and since this thing is new it's kind
of expected...  So if anyone can help... please... pretty
please help

Uninstall WMP 9 Beta

Post by Richar » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 16:49:11

The instructions on the update site state that the only uninstall is to use
system restore to roll back to before the installation. As you only
downloaded it a few hours ago it should not be a problem.

As has been said many times RTFM.

.

Quote:> Hi

> I'm hoping someone can help me here...  How can I
> uninstall WMP 9 Beta?  I'm mediocre with computer (knows a
> lot about it but stuff like regedit still confuses me) and
> I've tried everything that I can think of...  Control
> Panel Uninstall (the program not listed), freeware third
> party uninstaller... re-installing WMP 7.1 without
> uninstalling WMP 9 Beta...nothing works...  I'm thinking
> of getting a uninstaller program from McAfee or Norton
> tomorrow but still not sure it will works either...
> Deleting each and every file and editing the registry is
> the only thing I can think of right now but that's
> dangerous and takes time...

> Since installing this program (just 5 hours ago)
> everything is messed up... thanks to the legal permission
> thing for music and stuff I can't download videos...  it
> usually asked for User and Pass but with this WMP it
> doesn't even asked and since this thing is new it's kind
> of expected...  So if anyone can help... please... pretty
> please help

Uninstall WMP 9 Beta

Post by Suge » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:21:03

Richard,

Thanks for the answer...  But how do I system restore??  I
never used that before, please help...

Thanks ahead

Uninstall WMP 9 Beta

Post by zachd [ms » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:26:49

===
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/relnotes...
movebeta
===
should address this.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is helpful.
--

Quote:> Richard,

> Thanks for the answer...  But how do I system restore??  I
> never used that before, please help...

> Thanks ahead

1. Do I need to uninstall WMP v7 BETA, before installing final?

Do I need to uninstall WMP v7 BETA, before installing final?

Also, I accidently uninstalled Microsoft Music Control from add/remove
programs. Will installing final reinstall it for me?

And what does Microsoft Music Control do anyway?

Thanks, Lilla

2. win2000 media player

3. Uninstall WMP 9 beta--help

4. Users / Administrator in WinXP Pro?

5. help I can't uninstall wmp beta 9

6. XP Activation

7. WMP beta 9-UNINSTALL

8. Please help with player plug-in for web pages!

9. hey need help with uninstalling the wmp beta 9

10. Attn. MS: Beta reports on WMP 7.0 beta?

11. WMP 8 - cant uninstall to revert back to wmp 7.1

12. media player 9 beta (uninstall?)

13. How do I uninstall WiMP 9.0 Beta?