Jerky video on 40MB P133

Post by Acestuf » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Video (from coverdisks etc.)  is sometimes very jerky and the sound
gets  out of step with the video,  I've noticed the CD Drive seems to
Spin up,  then stop,  then spin up,   instead of keeeping spinning.
Is it windows (95), My CD Drive (Creative 24mx), My processor (P133) or
something else.  I thought it may be my drive,  but sadly Creative,
although having patches and drivers on their site don't actually discuss
any problems!

Any advice appreciated.

Acestuff.

Jerky video on 40MB P133

Post by mrdat » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Which operating system and version do you have?  If Win95/98
than perhaps you are short on ram......  I recommend mini or
32Mb.
regards
mrdata
============ :-)

> Video (from coverdisks etc.)  is sometimes very jerky and the sound
> gets  out of step with the video,  I've noticed the CD Drive seems to
> Spin up,  then stop,  then spin up,   instead of keeeping spinning.
> Is it windows (95), My CD Drive (Creative 24mx), My processor (P133) or
> something else.  I thought it may be my drive,  but sadly Creative,
> although having patches and drivers on their site don't actually discuss
> any problems!

> Any advice appreciated.

> Acestuff.

1. Wierd jerky playback of most movies and mouse motions also becomes jerky!!

Hi,

I installed Windows media player 7 ages ago and all was fine, then suddenly
(by that I mean I don;to remember installing anything else) my movies would
play back very jerkily and you can see the video being refreshed (like when
you video a TV) also my computers mouse becomes very jerky.  I am running
windows 2000 and have tried uninstalling WM7 and re-installing it but to no
avail.  Also if I right click on the move to bring up the options menu the
video plays fine!!!!  I have also downloaded the latest direct X 8a but this
did not help.

This is quite weird and any advise would be appreciated.

thanks

Andrew

2. Cannot delete email message

3. Jerky Video

4. runtime error

5. Jerky Video Playback

6. Internet Gateway

7. Video "herky jerkies"?

8. Serial communications

9. jerky video

10. jerky video and audio with WM 8.5

11. Video & Audio playback jerky!

12. Video plays but jerky

13. NVIDIA geforce MX choppy jerky stutter video