Urgent! Need info on system requirements

Urgent! Need info on system requirements

Post by Sven Delmeir » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 00:44:58

Hi everyone,

Our company wants to provide streaming video. Now, a client of ours
wants to install 12 *s and they want to make the streams of these
12 *s viewable on the internet. The set-up we're thinking of is
as follows:

*   ---> Encoder --- internet --> Media server
*  ---->

*   ---->
*   --->
*   --->

Now, to be able to make a quotation for this client, considering that
this is the first time we're offering this service to one of our
clients, we have no clue of what the hardware requirements are for:

1.) the machine running the Encoder
2.) the machine running the media server

Which kind of and how many processors do these machines need in order
to run flawlessly ? How much ram do they need?

Any hints are welcome !!

Thanks in advance,

Sven Delmeiren

1. Urgent! Need info on system requirements

Hi everyone,

Our company wants to provide streaming video. Now, a client of ours
wants to install 12 webcams and they want to make the streams of these
12 webcams viewable on the internet. The set-up we're thinking of is
as follows:

Webcam   ---> Encoder --- internet --> Media server
Webcam  ---->

Webcam   ---->
Webcam   --->
Webcam   --->

Now, to be able to make a quotation for this client, considering that
this is the first time we're offering this service to one of our
clients, we have no clue of what the hardware requirements are for:

1.) the machine running the Encoder
2.) the machine running the media server

Which kind of and how many processors do these machines need in order
to run flawlessly ? How much ram do they need?

Any hints are welcome !!

Thanks in advance,

Sven Delmeiren

2. Need to know how to FORMAT a PRIMARY HDD that has XP on it...

3. Urgent! Need some hints on system requirements...

4. tap.exe w2k or xp pro

5. Urgent! Need hints on system requirements !

6. Speed up the Booting of Windows

7. Need info on CPU and Net loading requirements to run a typical MM app.?

8. RoboDUN

9. URGENT: Soundcard info needed

10. updates on - Windows XP-----URGENT NEED INFO ASAP

11. Urgent! info on DLLs needed, please help!

12. URGENT: Need Mac Sound Genartion/System

13. System Hangs, Win95, Urgent help needed....Please help!