Format Tag in mciSendString

Post by Nelson Wo » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:02:13

Hi,

I'm writing a program in VB to record wave file as "mu-Law" format,
and using "mciSendString" to set the parameter as follow;

iErr = mciSendString("SET RecWav Time Format ms Format Tag 7", 0&, 0,
0)

The value of format tag (i.e. 7) should be correct since I got the
value from an existing wave file recorded in mu-Law. When I set this
parameter and start recording, the program will be fail!!!

All coding should be okay since I could record the wave file in PCM
11K or 22K format. I really have no idea what is getting wrong!!

Please anybody give me the answer, or any comment. PLEASE!!!!

Regards,
Nelson

Format Tag in mciSendString

Post by Sameer Chothani [M » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:07:14

Try it with a different value of the format tag. Also, whats the error
displayed?

Thanks
Sammer Chothani [MS]
Microsoft Developer Support

Format Tag in mciSendString

Post by Nelson Wo » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:54:38

Hi Sammer,

Sorry for my late response.

I've already try to change the value of "Format Tag" for testing, but
it only work on the value equal to 1 (i.e. PCM) and all others return
error (seems 282, i.e. parameter over range or something)!!

I tried to record mu-law wave by Windows recorder without any problem!
I still have no any idea about this. Please send me (by direct email
if possible) your comment if any, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nelson

Quote:> Try it with a different value of the format tag. Also, whats the error
> displayed?

> Thanks
> Sammer Chothani [MS]
> Microsoft Developer Support

Format Tag in mciSendString

Post by Nelson Wo » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:43:23

Hi,

I'm still waiting for your help!!!

I tried to use "mciSendString" API call by VB to record a mu-law wave
file and set "Format Tag" as 7 (i.e. mu-law) but got error (over
parameter range).

Is that anybody could share experience how to record a mu-law wave
file? or any resource (e.g. sample code) could send to my email?

Thanks for your kindly help ;-)

Regards,
Nelson

> Hi Sammer,

> Sorry for my late response.

> I've already try to change the value of "Format Tag" for testing, but
> it only work on the value equal to 1 (i.e. PCM) and all others return
> error (seems 282, i.e. parameter over range or something)!!

> I tried to record mu-law wave by Windows recorder without any problem!
> I still have no any idea about this. Please send me (by direct email
> if possible) your comment if any, thanks a lot.

> Regards,
> Nelson

> > Try it with a different value of the format tag. Also, whats the error
> > displayed?

> > Thanks
> > Sammer Chothani [MS]
> > Microsoft Developer Support

1. mcisendstring and set format tag

Hiya - Any help appreciated

you can set a .wav file using the string and
mciSendString("set capture2 time format ms format tag pcm
channels 1 samplespersec 22050 bytespersec 4000 alignment
2 bitspersample 8", RS, 128, cb)

And this records a pcm format wav file

how would you do a mpeg layer-3 file? I can't find an
example anywhere! and have tried all combinations of words
and strings

help or resource pls
cheers

2. Unattended printer install

3. RIFF WAVE Format Categories Format Tag Madness...

4. Any one get ATI Video-It! to work with Windows95?

5. Netscape JAR format plug-ins

6. MC12 and battery life

7. Format SDK tag quirk with WM8 Audio

8. Bouble Fault error

9. audio codec - format tag 2000

10. Anyway to force WMP to store ID3 Tag in Unicode format?

11. ID3v2 Tags in Advance Tag Editor

12. WM Format SDK ID3 Tags returns no value

13. Wave format tags