Late night brain cramps...

Post by Edward Alt » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 18:58:00

Hi, all.  This is my first attempt at posting to this group, so please
forgive any protocol errors or just plain stupid questions.  Here's the
problem: (Actually, there are multiple problems, but I'll start with the
most pressing one for now) I recently installed a new CD-ROM drive in my
PB 486sx-33.  It is an NEC 3x (badged as a Creative Labs).  I have
already succesfully run Megarace on it, as well as played audio CDs with
no problems.  A couple days ago I purchased Return to Zork, which comes
packaged with the entire Zork anthology on a separate disk.  I copied
the anthology onto my hard drive, and those games work fine.  The only
snag I encountered was an error message when I tried to install a demo
from the disk - something like, VERIFY - Bad file somethingorother.  I
ignored it and went on to insert the second disk, the one containing
RTZ.  This time, I typed install, and the machine froze.  Upon further
investigation, I realized that I couldn't even get a directory listing
of the RTZ disk.  I thought I got a couple bad CDs, so I returned them.
The replacements I got do the EXACT SAME THING - on both disks!

I apologize for the lengthy description, but I don't want to leave
anything out that might give someone a clue as to what the heck my
problem is.  Can anybody tell me what the problem might be?  BTW, I may
have an IRQ conflict in my system somewhere - could that have anything
to do with it?

Thanks ahead of time to anyone patient enough to read this and reply -
my brain is about to explode!

                -Ed

1. Brain Cramp

Tech TV showed the Windows Update logo in the Start Menu of Windows XP.

Any idea how they did this?  I know you can access it from the Control
Panel, but how did they get the icon and place it in the Start Menu?

Thanks

--

2. Will the HP Pavilion Survive???

3. late nite power ups

4. Plug and Play not detecting USB

5. Late Night Logons

6. SW Testing Lead in Denver

7. left brain vs right brain

8. Problems shutting down

9. PLEASE HELP ME - WMP 9 has cramped my computer

10. Dear Gurus and Techno Brains (AutoDesk VBX plays WAV files????)

11. brain fart... windows media encoded files

12. Pinky & The Brain sound files .....

13. Something to break the brain