WMP 8 not streaming WMV files

Post by Nik » Sun, 18 May 2003 07:14:27

How do I get WMP 8 to stream WMV files instead of the
file being downloaded then played? I have had this work
in the past and now I can't get it to work...any
suggestions greatly appreciated.

WMP 8 not streaming WMV files

Post by darknit » Sun, 18 May 2003 07:47:14

i have the same problem with 9....for like the past month
i cant get into the radio or watch streams....ive done
all that it tells me to do....ne1 know whats up???
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I get WMP 8 to stream WMV files instead of the
>file being downloaded then played? I have had this work
>in the past and now I can't get it to work...any
>suggestions greatly appreciated.
>.

WMP 8 not streaming WMV files

Post by zachd [ms » Mon, 19 May 2003 09:05:44

This means that the association for that file type is muddled.  Go to WMP's
Tools:Options:File Types menu and reassociate the Windows Media Video group
back to the player, click Apply, and then you should be okay.

-Zach
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> How do I get WMP 8 to stream WMV files instead of the
> file being downloaded then played? I have had this work
> in the past and now I can't get it to work...any
> suggestions greatly appreciated.

1. How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

We have our own WinSock software that gets WMV stream from the network in
real-time.
How to use Format SDK to decompress the stream and get uncompressed
samples(in real-time, not writng to a file)?

I tried to use IWMReaderAdvanced2 interface. According to Media SDK it
should work with IStream which represents media content.
But it doesn't. After IWMReaderAdvanced2::OpenStream succeeds, you should be
able to call IWMReader::Start and other methods,
but all of them fail with E_UNEXPECTED.
I know my stream is valid WMV stream, because when I write it to a file,
Media Player plays this file with no problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Maxim

2. Internet

3. DLL's corrupt or missing.

4. .wmv files play on WMP v9 on C: drive but not WMP on D: drive

5. Hard drive letter not assigned

6. Peculiar problem - streaming WMV files with WMP 6.4

7. How do I get rid of compressed folders?

8. playing wmv and streaming video in wmp is flickering

9. Is there any software can convert DVD files to wmv,asf...etc stream files

10. Streams crash WMP, but not local files

11. WMP for Mac OS X plays streaming audio but will not read .asf file

12. How to know if the stream is an Audio (wma) or Video (wmv) stream ?