Adjust sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control

Adjust sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control

Post by Thomas Staudt » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:08:11

I'm recording audio from the microphone input using the MCI control using a
small VB program like this:

    MMControl1.DeviceType = "WaveAudio"
    MMControl1.FileName = "test.wav"
    MMControl1.RecordMode = mciRecordOverwrite
    MMControl1.Command = "Open"
    MMControl1.Command = "Record"
    MsgBox "Click OK when finished"
    MMControl1.Command = "Stop"
    MMControl1.Command = "Save"
    MMControl1.Command = "Close"

However, I haven't figured out how to control bits, sample rate, channels,
etc. I always end up with a mono wav file, 88kbit/s, 8bit, 11kHz.

Can someone, please, help me change the recording parameters?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Thomas Staudte

1. Adjust sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control

I'm recording audio from the microphone input using the MCI control using a
small VB program like this:

    MMControl1.DeviceType = "WaveAudio"
    MMControl1.FileName = "test.wav"
    MMControl1.RecordMode = mciRecordOverwrite
    MMControl1.Command = "Open"
    MMControl1.Command = "Record"
    MsgBox "Click OK when finished"
    MMControl1.Command = "Stop"
    MMControl1.Command = "Save"
    MMControl1.Command = "Close"

However, I haven't figured out how to control bits, sample rate, channels,
etc. I always end up with a mono wav file, 88kbit/s, 8bit, 11kHz.

Can someone, please, help me change the recording parameters?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Thomas Staudte

2. Help!! Strange user being listed as having full permissions on one my WIN2k servers folders?

3. How to implement Win95 'Autostart' feature in CDs?

4. How can I change the sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control?

5. IE6 looks for Proxy server even when no lan connection

6. Changing audio sample rate in MCI API

7. newsgroup

8. Set recording of audio to a sample rate of 8 khz or 16 khz

9. HELP! MCI and SAMPLING RATE

10. URGENT! - SAMPLING RATE AND MCI

11. RECORDING SAMPLING RATE

12. recording mono speech analog input at lowest possible bit/sample rate