HELP - I get Bad Image dll error with WMP7 and Win2K

HELP - I get Bad Image dll error with WMP7 and Win2K

Post by Rich » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:00:00

When I run WMP7 in Win2K it gives me a "wmplayer.exe - Bad Image"
error.  This is what's in the error box:  "The application or DLL
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdmo.dll is not a valid Windows image.  Please
check this against your installation diskette."

I've tryed to uninstall it and then reinstall it - I keep getting this
same error.  Can anyone help??

RIch

HELP - I get Bad Image dll error with WMP7 and Win2K

Post by zachd [ms » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

What file version is this file?  It should be version 4.90.2490.1, file size
of 50,448 bytes.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.
--

Quote:> When I run WMP7 in Win2K it gives me a "wmplayer.exe - Bad Image"
> error.  This is what's in the error box:  "The application or DLL
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdmo.dll is not a valid Windows image.  Please
> check this against your installation diskette."

> I've tryed to uninstall it and then reinstall it - I keep getting this
> same error.  Can anyone help??

> RIch

HELP - I get Bad Image dll error with WMP7 and Win2K

Post by zachd [ms » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

BTW: The quickest way to clear up this error would likely be to:
    rename c:\windows\system32\msdmo.dll
    rename c:\windows\system32\wmstream.dll
and then reinstall WMP7 in regular install mode.  If that doesn't clear it
up (it should), just rename the files back.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.
--

Quote:> When I run WMP7 in Win2K it gives me a "wmplayer.exe - Bad Image"
> error.  This is what's in the error box:  "The application or DLL
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdmo.dll is not a valid Windows image.  Please
> check this against your installation diskette."

> I've tryed to uninstall it and then reinstall it - I keep getting this
> same error.  Can anyone help??

> RIch

1. Error Lsass.exe-bad image cryptdll.dll

Error message

Lsass.exe-Bad Image

The app or dll C:\windows\system32\cryptdll.dll is not a
valid windows image, check against install diskette.

Can anyone tell me the fix? I can access dos through the
recovery process so I can fix files. Can't access computer
at all. XP starts up and then I get a black screen. Please

2. threed.vbx

3. Error lsass.exe-bad image cryptdll.dll

4. Files still on hard drive from removed programs

5. "Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

6. Saving to drive D

7. Help: Bad Image Checksum SHDOCVW.DLL

8. Why don't we call delete ?

9. im getting this error when starting wmp7 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Bad Image Error??...Pls Help

11. WMP7.1-msdmo.dll is now a valid windows image

12. Please help: Upgrade to XP pro (from home) gone bad, bad bad