Converting wave files to wma files using xp media player

Converting wave files to wma files using xp media player

Post by zachd [ms » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:22:08

Some options:
===
Windows Media Player 7+ will help you convert CD Audio to WMA (ASF).
Windows Media Encoder 7 will convert AVI, WAV, MP3, MPEG1, and line-in to
WMV (ASF).
Windows Media Encoder 3 and 4.x will convert AVI, WAV, MP3, and line-in to
ASF.
Adobe Premiere 6 comes with an ASF plug-in.
Terran Media Cleaner will convert the file types they support to ASF.  They
have a Mac version too.
Sonic Foundry Stream Anywhere will convert the file types they support to
ASF, I believe.
By selecting WinAMP's WMA output plug-in, I believe you can convert most of
the file types that WinAMP supports to WMA.
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
dBpowerAMP Music Converter supposedly does: AIFF, MP3, MP2, RA, VOC, WAV,
VQF, OGG, etc. to WMA (and vice versa).

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.
--

Quote:> I have a large collection of wave files on my hard drive.