Find Album Info - deleting info for a single CD

Find Album Info - deleting info for a single CD

Post by Simon Irvin » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:11:38

Is there a way to delete incorrect information about a
individual CD from my Media Library?

The WMP9 Help suggests that the Clear CD/DVD button
deletes info about all CDs, so I have not clicked it, as
I want to keep the information on my other (210!) CDs.

thanks

Find Album Info - deleting info for a single CD

Post by Erin Dallin [M » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 06:12:00

There isn't a way to delete individual entries--your best bet is to update
the metadata for the bad cd manually or using Find Album Info.

Thanks,

Erin Dallin [MS]

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

1. "Find Album Info" getting wrong album info

Hello,

I have a album that is a two CD set.  If I put the 1st CD
in the "Find Album Info" gets the correct album info.
When I put the 2nd CD in "Find Album Info" displays the
info for the first CD.  MusicMatch and WinAmp finds the
correct album info, why does WMP not ?

I asked this question about a week ago and zachd [ms]"

with:

I did that and I get the wrong album info.
Were you asking me to re-input all of the info for the
2nd CD ?  If so, why ?  The correct info is there, WMP is
just not grabbing the right disk info.

Zach, do you have a contact that I could email or call to
try to figure this out ?  I'd be glad to make a copy of
the CD set and mail it so MS could see for its self whats
going on.

Thanks...

2. How to decompress samples that arrive in OnStreamSample?

3. problem with Album info and Artist info

4. How do I delete hardrive to install windows XP

5. Amending wrongly identified albums and locking album info

6. Windows Media Player & TV-Out

7. finding album info

8. Importing to Outlook Address Book

9. "Find Album Info" feature not available

10. Windows Media Player 9 Crashes using Find Album Info and Finish to Update Media Library

11. Find Album Info - Feature Not Available

12. Find Album Info

13. Find Album Info Suggestions