Files skip, change color from green to red - won't play

Files skip, change color from green to red - won't play

Post by James Rank » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:15:30

I employ XP Professional and have downloaded an extensive
audio file for the installed Windows Media Player. My
problem: When I attempt to forward to a new file the next
3 or 4 consecutive files turn red and are skipped and
won't play. This continues to happen when I choose a
different file for listening.
Also when I am in Media Library, the same thing happens,
but I get a message "connecting" that takes a very long
time to time out. I have tried re-loading XP to no avail.
Suggestions?

Thanks

Files skip, change color from green to red - won't play

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:56:57

Red means Error.  If you right-click on a reddened file in the playlist, you
should find error information.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is helpful.
--

Quote:> I employ XP Professional and have downloaded an extensive
> audio file for the installed Windows Media Player. My
> problem: When I attempt to forward to a new file the next
> 3 or 4 consecutive files turn red and are skipped and
> won't play. This continues to happen when I choose a
> different file for listening.
> Also when I am in Media Library, the same thing happens,
> but I get a message "connecting" that takes a very long
> time to time out. I have tried re-loading XP to no avail.
> Suggestions?

> Thanks

1. how do I change encrypted files color from green to something else

I would like to change the color that encrypted files
appear as to something other than green.

I searched TechNet and it just tells how to turn this
green color on (folder options view display with alternate
color) - not how to change it to something other than
green.

I don't want to some use some freeware SW to customize the
colour, just if possible the registry key I can change.
Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Anne

2. Code To Do Similar MCI Functions for MP3 Files?

3. Help: CD-ROM won't play RED BOOK CD's

4. IE browser window not shuting down.

5. red green & blue stripes when playing video

6. Canon Lide 20/Lide 30 Scanner

7. monitor won't display the color red.

8. .avi files won't play video

9. "all audio" tab, songs skip and won't play

10. skipping music that won't play

11. Can't view videos with the red square, green circle and blue triangle

12. What's the diff. between red and green in the Task Manager

13. How do u change the color of the ugly green button?