DMA enable for DVD ROM

Post by Bennet » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:34:16

Hi,

I am using a Sony DDU 1621 DVD ROM in W2K server and want to use PowerDVD to
view DVD Disc. However, I cannot enable the DMA setting in the device
manager. It is because it has no DMA setting in the "Advance" tab in the DVD
ROM page. It only has the DVD region setting. Why ?? Please help

Thanks in advance
Bennett

DMA enable for DVD ROM

Post by Matthew Perdu » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 18:17:38

go to start/control panel/system/device manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI
contollers/primary IDE channel and /secondary IDE channel, right mouse
click on primary or secondary, choose properties, click on advanced
settings tab and set the DMA there

> Hi,

> I am using a Sony DDU 1621 DVD ROM in W2K server and want to use PowerDVD to
> view DVD Disc. However, I cannot enable the DMA setting in the device
> manager. It is because it has no DMA setting in the "Advance" tab in the DVD
> ROM page. It only has the DVD region setting. Why ?? Please help

> Thanks in advance
> Bennett

DMA enable for DVD ROM

Post by Bennet » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 23:59:57

I have tried it but the status shows "not applicable" in the device no.
which is corresponding to DVDROM Drive. Is the DVDROM drive is not support
DMA? I checked its spec. It supports DMA. Do you know why ?

Bennett

> go to start/control panel/system/device manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI
> contollers/primary IDE channel and /secondary IDE channel, right mouse
> click on primary or secondary, choose properties, click on advanced
> settings tab and set the DMA there

> > Hi,

> > I am using a Sony DDU 1621 DVD ROM in W2K server and want to use
PowerDVD to
> > view DVD Disc. However, I cannot enable the DMA setting in the device
> > manager. It is because it has no DMA setting in the "Advance" tab in the
DVD
> > ROM page. It only has the DVD region setting. Why ?? Please help

> > Thanks in advance
> > Bennett

1. re enable dma on dvd rom

I have the same problem too on Windows 2003 server.
I need to find a way to prevent this from happening.

If You uninstall the controller it will be back to DMA.
See IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
  Primary or Secondary IDE Channel
You may need to restart the computer twice if the System hard disk and the
DVD are connected to the same controller.
If it doesn't ask You to restart, click the Scan for hardware changes button
and You're done.

George Valkov

than 6 errors from real player saying it couldnt read the cd's. after more
than 6 errors xp diables dma for the drive and reverts to pio mode. how do i
re-enable dma on dvd rom? have tried uninstalling it, and opening driver
properties for ide bus its attched to and telling it to use dma if availabe,
but dma is still disabled. any ideas on how to sort this annoying problem
would be much appreciated

2. Copy Windows Profile Broke WMP

3. Cannot enable DMA with Hitachi GD-2500 DVD ROM

4. "Disabled" Taskbar options and no "Dekstop" tab in display settings

5. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

6. XP Pro: using cable ISP Question

7. Enable CD-rom DMA

8. Explorer hogging processor

9. How do i enable dma on my cd rom

10. DMA enabled but NO UDMA access for DVD burner

11. Can't enable DMA for DVD drive

12. How do you enable / disabled DMA on cd/dvd drives ?

13. enabling DMA for the DVD drive