mosiac

Post by sa » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 03:30:54

Has anyone had any success getting mosiac to run on their PC?

Mosiac is a graphical interface that allows you to browse through the
World Wide Web, but I need some help configuring it to work.

One question in particular is, how do you establish a SLIP connection
without knowing the IP or DOMAIN address of your host.  Supposedly their
is a program called TIA that simulates a SLIP connection and then allows
you to run MOSIAC (which is a dynamic multi-media application for the net)

I know that TIA is available for the MAC, but is there a PC version? If
so where can I find it?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, or if you know another
newsgroup that would be able to help me.

mosiac

Post by Cindy Brow » Sat, 31 Dec 1994 07:43:02

Quote:> Has anyone had any success getting mosiac to run on their PC?
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, or if you know another
> newsgroup that would be able to help me.

hi john,

there is a newsgroup for tia discussions, it is:

alt.dcom.slip-emulators

also, there are some documents you can ftp. all documents are
available by ftping to marketplace.com in the directory /tia/docs.

look for:
tia-install-single
tia-FAQ-single
tia-win-setup

you can also get them via email by sending an email message to:

etc...

good luck.

-cindy

1. MSN newsgroup access via MSIE or Mosiac

Can anyone tell me what the news server ID is for MSN. I tried
news.msn.com and it didn't work when used in the options for
Mosiac or MSIE.

Or if there's anything else I need to config in order to read news
from one of these browsers.

I assume MSN does support reading news from another browser?

Thanks
Phil

2. content ie5 mystery

3. Lan Workplace,TCPIP setup for Mosiac