Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

Post by db » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 07:10:47

I want to set up an internet talk show where the talk
segments are live, commercials play from a server, then
the live segment resumes after the commercials play. Can
this be done with the WM 9 encoder? I see options for live
stream or on-demand stream, but not both.

Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

Post by Chris Tilley - HCP:Facto » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 07:34:33

You could set your adverts up using a ASX file with specific file location
and times

--
Chris Tilley
HPC:Factor - http://www.hpcfactor.com/

Quote:> I want to set up an internet talk show where the talk
> segments are live, commercials play from a server, then
> the live segment resumes after the commercials play. Can
> this be done with the WM 9 encoder? I see options for live
> stream or on-demand stream, but not both.

Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

Post by db » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:49:44

Thanks for the reply! Would there be a way to manually
fire off the commercials at the end of a talk segment, or
would each live segment need to be back-timed to the start
of the commercials? Also, can all this be incorporated
into a server playlist?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You could set your adverts up using a ASX file with

specific file location
>and times

>--
>Chris Tilley
>HPC:Factor - http://www.hpcfactor.com/

>> I want to set up an internet talk show where the talk
>> segments are live, commercials play from a server, then
>> the live segment resumes after the commercials play. Can
>> this be done with the WM 9 encoder? I see options for
live
>> stream or on-demand stream, but not both.

>.

Switching between Live stream to files back to live stream

Post by Chris Tilley - HCP:Facto » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:17:11

you could add the CM's to your media list.

In WME9 add a new source. The source should be a File, which can be your End
of segment commercial. Then once you have colcluded the segment you simply
click to run the CM.

Unless you wanted to time them of course, which would mean some tight timing
control from your gallery.

It depends on what sort of control you wanted.
If for example you had a sponsor and you wanted everyone connecting to the
session to see the sponsors CM before joining the session then use an ASX
file to play a CM video and then join the session. The live transmission
could be either a open timed boradcast or you could use the ASX file to
restrict the ammount of time that they can be connected to that stream.
ASX files are generated for client side use and are the Metafiles that are
executed through the Browser URL, so there is no Gallery control of ASX
content.

You could use the New Source Media List to Que up the Commercials for
playing in the segment breaks and at the end of the transmission. These you
could control from the gallery.

At the end of the day it boils down to your needs for the broadcast.

--
Chris Tilley
HPC:Factor - http://www.hpcfactor.com/

> Thanks for the reply! Would there be a way to manually
> fire off the commercials at the end of a talk segment, or
> would each live segment need to be back-timed to the start
> of the commercials? Also, can all this be incorporated
> into a server playlist?

1. Switching from live stream to wma file playback

A microsoft support person suggested I pose this question
here:

We're looking to stream a live talk radio show over the
net using Windows Media 9. Our commercials would reside on
a server as individual wma files. Is there a way to switch
from the live show, to the commercials and back to live?
The scenarios I've seen show a live event streamed from an
encoder, or on-demand files played from a server, but not
a combination of both. I understand that WM9 eliminates or
minimizes buffering between files played back using a
playlist (on-demand programming), but can a live stream
mix with on-demand? Thanks!

2. Power Toys equivalent for Win 98

3. How to stream one live stream?

4. Volume Control Settings Retention

5. Live Stream, Pre-Encoded, and "stream" to server...SDKs or WMS, or both?

6. Dec Alpha support in XP?

7. Live Stream Switching

8. cannot acess internet explorer or explorer without crashing

9. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code2162

10. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code841

11. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code4391

12. Capture Live Audio/video Stream and Storing it in ASF file.

13. Streaming live RealAudio with Linux / config file problem