Windows Media Player Error, Can someone help?

Windows Media Player Error, Can someone help?

Post by -781 » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:53:29

Every time I close a video clip while it's playing the movie I get these 2
errors:

1.

wmplayer.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x08bf515b" referenced memory at "0x08ca3b14". The
memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

2.

wmplayer.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x08bf5ad7" referenced memory at "0x08ca3a10". The
memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

I'm running winxpPro sp1 with all updates.
Recently installed latest media player from windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
Also the codecs from the update site.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
It just started recently.
Thanks
Gino

Windows Media Player Error, Can someone help?

Post by mchatman [MSFT » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:52:05

Hi there, how are you doing?

Do you get this error on all video clips or specifically with either certain
types(ie.videos using same codecs).

When u get the error it is worth click "more information" and seeing if
there is a module name in the crash error (ie.dll name). This should tell u
what item was specifically being referenced at point of crash and should
give you a clue to the cause. Generally this sort of thing is caused by bad
codec/codec combination and can usually be resolved by identifying the
offending article and amending as necessary. I recently had a very similar
issue with ac3 codec and xvid combo recently. It is worth trying to
establish a root pattern.

Cheers,

Mark[MSFT]

Quote:

> Every time I close a video clip while it's playing the movie I get these 2
> errors:

> 1.

> wmplayer.exe Application Error

> The instruction at "0x08bf515b" referenced memory at "0x08ca3b14". The
> memory could not be "read".

> Click OK to terminate the program

> 2.

> wmplayer.exe Application Error

> The instruction at "0x08bf5ad7" referenced memory at "0x08ca3a10". The
> memory could not be "read".

> Click OK to terminate the program

> I'm running winxpPro sp1 with all updates.
> Recently installed latest media player from windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
> Also the codecs from the update site.
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
> It just started recently.
> Thanks
> Gino

Windows Media Player Error, Can someone help?

Post by -781 » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:24:40

I reinstalled DivX and all is well .. thanks anyway
Gino

> Hi there, how are you doing?

> Do you get this error on all video clips or specifically with either
certain
> types(ie.videos using same codecs).

> When u get the error it is worth click "more information" and seeing if
> there is a module name in the crash error (ie.dll name). This should tell
> what item was specifically being referenced at point of crash and should
> give you a clue to the cause. Generally this sort of thing is caused by
bad
> codec/codec combination and can usually be resolved by identifying the
> offending article and amending as necessary. I recently had a very similar
> issue with ac3 codec and xvid combo recently. It is worth trying to
> establish a root pattern.

> Cheers,

> Mark[MSFT]

rights.

> > Every time I close a video clip while it's playing the movie I get these
2
> > errors:

> > 1.

> > wmplayer.exe Application Error

> > The instruction at "0x08bf515b" referenced memory at "0x08ca3b14". The
> > memory could not be "read".

> > Click OK to terminate the program

> > 2.

> > wmplayer.exe Application Error

> > The instruction at "0x08bf5ad7" referenced memory at "0x08ca3a10". The
> > memory could not be "read".

> > Click OK to terminate the program

> > I'm running winxpPro sp1 with all updates.
> > Recently installed latest media player from windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
> > Also the codecs from the update site.
> > Any ideas on how to fix this?
> > It just started recently.
> > Thanks
> > Gino

1. Windows Media Player Error, Can someone help?

Every time I close a video clip while it's playing the movie I get these 2
errors:

1.

wmplayer.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x08bf515b" referenced memory at "0x08ca3b14". The
memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

2.

wmplayer.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x08bf5ad7" referenced memory at "0x08ca3a10". The
memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

I'm running winxpPro sp1 with all updates.
Recently installed latest media player from windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
Also the codecs from the update site.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
It just started recently.
Thanks
Gino

2. When MS going to admit IE has a cookie bug

3. Windows media player error not listed on error help page

4. xp and dos programs using full screen

5. Can Someone Help Me Out with My Media Player?

6. Microsoft Sidewinder Devices Not Supported on XP

7. Help and Support error & problems with Windows Media Player 7.01 on Window ME

8. How to get Corel CD-Creator to work under NT?

9. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

10. Can someone give me info on Windows Media Player and digital licensing?

11. windows media player shared file error with realone player

12. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ERROR! PLEASE HELP

13. Windows Media Player not working/freezing - Opening media error