WM Encoder 7.1 & WM Server Encoder

Post by John Carrol » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:48:09

What is the difference between Windows Media Encoder 7 that you download
from Microsoft's web site, and the Encoder utility that comes with Windows
2000 Server Media Services?

Which one is the best to use for creating streaming media files?

Thanks.

WM Encoder 7.1 & WM Server Encoder

Post by David Brist » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:58:45

The difference is that the one that comes from the web site is version 7
and the one that comes with Windows 2000 is version 4.1.  The version 7 has
more features and updated codecs.

WM Encoder 7.1 & WM Server Encoder

Post by Grayson L. Widema » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:57:17

The 7.1 encoder give better sounding audio streams at the same bit rates.

Grayson

Quote:> The difference is that the one that comes from the web site is version 7
> and the one that comes with Windows 2000 is version 4.1.  The version 7
has
> more features and updated codecs.

1. Stream retrieval between WM Encoder & WM Format

Hi Friends,

 I'm developing an application which captures and encodes
live audio and video stream through Media Encoder 9 and i
want to take the resulting stream and directly use it with
windows Media format 9 to create an ASF file by adding a
text and image stream. I actually want all this to happen
in a realtime (live) mode.

 Do anyone know how to get stream from Encoder and pass it
to media format for writing ASF streams ?

 Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
Clement

2. Capture hardware keys of E-100/105

3. pb with wm encoder 7 and wm server 4.1

4. Parallel port setup problem in direct cable connection

5. Peer to peer wireless, WEP enabled but netstumbler says its open

6. WM Encoder 7.1 & Osprey 500 hangs

7. Want my DOS Windows Fonts Back

8. DirectShow to DirectSound buffer,..., DirectSound to WM Encoder,.., and questions about WM Format.

9. WM Encoder 9 to WM on NT4

10. WM Encoder 7.1 Stops

11. I cant get WM Encoder 7.1 to produce ASF files directly

12. WM Encoder 7.1 - Triggers!???