MACSYS macro (for Oliver Garcia)

Post by Austin Mitchel » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Oliver (couldn't reply to your e-mail address...),

I've attached a zip file containing a spreadsheet, a data file and a macro;
put each in its relevant place and install the macro in the usual way ( I've
used control-a as the hot key).  To use the macro, first add any direct
debits to the data file, setting applied to Y or N for each direct debit
accordingly (applied set to N means the direct debit has not yet been
applied).  Copy the spreadsheet template to a new file (I use the name of
the month), open it and then launch the macro. From the dialog, select 'New
month' and the spreadsheet will be initialised for the month.  To apply any
direct debits for the day, select 'Apply direct debits' and to add a
transaction select 'Transaction'.

If you have any questions or suggestions on how the macro could be improved,
let me know.  I will (hopefully!) improve the macro over time so that things
such as directly switching to data to maintain the direct debits is
available.  One area which has not been explored is proper error handling,
so if the macro fails, just switch on the log.

Austin Mitchell