batteries : NiMH or LiON ?

Post by J?rg Verstraet » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

The question of rechargable batteries has been askes several times before,
and everybody seems to agree on NiMH being better (for use with the Psion)
than NiCd.

Is LiON even better than NiMH (lifespan, stability, ...) ? I'd like to buy
some rechargable batteries, and I'd like to choose the best kind, any
comments, links, ...?

Kind regards,

J?rg

--
When mailing, please remove the ".no" and "spam." from my address.

batteries : NiMH or LiON ?

Post by balbar » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

HiJorg

Quote:> The question of rechargable batteries has been askes several times before,
> and everybody seems to agree on NiMH being better (for use with the Psion)
> than NiCd.

> Is LiON even better than NiMH (lifespan, stability, ...) ? I'd like to buy
> some rechargable batteries, and I'd like to choose the best kind, any
> comments, links, ...?

Aint much difference between Nicad and NiMHD except that the latter have
more capacity.
If you have the choice go for Lion, yet more capacity and especially you
have no memory effect ,you can charge a Lion whenever you want.
With the others you have to completely discharge them first (before
recharging) otherwise you 'll loose quickly the capacity of the batterie.

victor

batteries : NiMH or LiON ?

Post by Amandio J.S. Bacalh » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>If you have the choice go for Lion, yet more capacity and especially you

Nope...if i have a choice, i will go allways with (AAA/AA) NIMH.
You cant buy Li-Ion in AAA/AA size in John Doe store.

Thats why i use a Palm IIIx (with NIMH AAAs from GP with 600mAh)
and when i replace the IIIx it will be possibly with another
Palm/Handspring/TRG model.
BTW, i was considering a iPaq (i almost joined
the "dark side" ;-) but the idea of a non-removable Li-Polymer  bat.
was too much for me.
At the hour usage that i use these kind of machines every day,
the iPaq bat. will be dead in 2-3 years...and then what ?!?
dump it in trash and spend $500 in another ? No thanks !

AJSB

batteries : NiMH or LiON ?

Post by J?rg Verstraet » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> >If you have the choice go for Lion, yet more capacity and especially you

> Nope...if i have a choice, i will go allways with (AAA/AA) NIMH.
> You cant buy Li-Ion in AAA/AA size in John Doe store.

Oops, my mistake...
Thanks,

J?rg