Link between nokia 2110 and 3C

Post by F. Ko » Wed, 06 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello all,

Here in the Netherlands I can't seem to get my hands on a link cable,
and i mean just the link (nokia -- 3C). :-(
I can find the sms package, but Ionly need the cable for psimail. It
now happends that I am going to the UK (holiday). Can anyone tell me
if and ( if so) where I can buy a link.
Thanks.

Fred.

Post by Jochen Siegenthale » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Here in the Netherlands I can't seem to get my hands on a link cable,
> and i mean just the link (nokia -- 3C). :-(
> I can find the sms package, but Ionly need the cable for psimail. It
> now happends that I am going to the UK (holiday). Can anyone tell me
> if and ( if so) where I can buy a link.

To connect a Nokia 2110i to a Psion Series 3c for use with PsiMail
Internet you need...

a) Psion Series 3c
b) PsiMail Internet software
c) Psion PCMCIA adaptor
d) Nokia DTP-2 Data Card
e) Nokia 2110i phone
f) Data service enabled by your GSM service provider.

You have a), b) and e).
You must purchase c) and d)
You must subscribe to f)
--
 Jochen Siegenthaler (Alcatel Telecom, Switzerland)

 http://www.alcatel.ch/
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Jochen_Siegenthaler/

1. Can I connect a S5 and a Nokia 2110 and connect to my ISP?

Well now that I can connect to the internet via a PC, I can start writing
TCP/IP apps for the S5.

But if possible I would also like to run these apps using my mobile phone. I
know I could buy a new phone but I would PREFER to buy something to plug
between them, ( travel modem ? PCMCIA modem ) and do it that way.

Is this possible? What do I need? Where do I get it?

I'm in London,UK.and my phone is a Nokia 2110 on a Celnet tariff.

I hope someone can suggest a solution as I have NO experience of using any
sort of modem with my mobile and dont even know if it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

David Spooner

2. DDR problem with second channel on 1720

3. PSION S5 to Nokia 2110

4. FracIRC2

5. Mesg Suite and Nokia 2110

6. digital FM Demodulation algorithm!

7. Nokia 2110 with Data Card.

8. Strange problem. Please help.

9. Connecting 3a to Nokia 2110

10. Problem connecting 5mx to Nokia 2110

11. PSION & NOKIA 2110

12. psion & nolia 2110

13. 3c plus Nokia 8110 and Infra red link