Can I delete selected System/Mail?

Post by Pirate Bo » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

In my system folder under mail, I seem to have a huge amount of small email
files. What are these and how safe is it to delete them?
I hope someone can help as it would be nice to save a little space!!

Post by Mike McConne » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 09:01:03

>In my system folder under mail, I seem to have a huge amount of small email
>files. What are these and how safe is it to delete them?
>I hope someone can help as it would be nice to save a little space!!

No, do not delete any of the files or folders (even if empty) or you
may be unable to run the Email application.

--
    Mike       [Dundee, Scotland]
  _____________________________

        Using RMRNews 1.02F
  _____________________________

Post by Sib » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 12:12:57

> In my system folder under mail, I seem to have a huge amount of small email
> files. What are these and how safe is it to delete them?
> I hope someone can help as it would be nice to save a little space!!

They're system files used by the Email app to store your accounts,
Emails, Faxes, SMS's, Mailboxes settings etc. If you wipe these you
will lose everything from the Email app and deleting some of them
usually results in crippling the entire app which can only be fixed
by wiping the rest.

There are very few occasions when a user should need to go into the
System folder and change anything as all files there are controlled
and used by the OS and apps.

If you want to clear space you should use the Email app and delete
any old messages/folders/accounts you don't need or remove unwanted
apps, tidy your Contacts, bookmarks, wipe extra wallpapers/alarms/
etc...

This usually clears up a lot.

Can I delete selected System/Mail?

Post by Pirate Bo » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for that guys. I will leave "Mail" well alone, even though there
seems to be a growing number of files held in the system folder with daily
deletion of emails received and no creation of any new folders etc in the
actual "front-end" programme. Thanks for your help.
Colin