Series 5 ROM 1.1

Post by Martin Langle » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Psion FAQ's at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8130/faq.htm say
that ROM 1.1 will come out in the 4th quarter of 1998.  Is 1.1 (not 1.01
the current version) on the street yet and if not anyone know when it
will appear.  Also what bugs is it supposed to fix ?
Martin
PS Just saw S5's for $399 in the local OfficeMax.

Series 5 ROM 1.1

Post by Guy K » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Psion FAQ's at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8130/faq.htm say
> that ROM 1.1 will come out in the 4th quarter of 1998.  Is 1.1 (not 1.01
> the current version) on the street yet and if not anyone know when it
> will appear.  Also what bugs is it supposed to fix ?

One of my partners who got a Series 5 when I had mine tried to ask last
month Psion in USA about the ROM upgrade. No one he talked to admitted
even knowing what he was talking about. All that publicity and Psion US
support people on the phone are denying knowledge of a ROM upgrade?

Guy Kuo

Series 5 ROM 1.1

Post by Jonathan Keatin » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Don't know if this any use but...

Got a magazine called "Mobile Choice" from the Link

Page 17

There is a picture of a PSION although it looks like an old model S5
(Without the box under the Fn key) But the Control Panel is open all looks
normal except there no Add/Remove but theres an Icon called Fonts this isn't
on my S5 (ROM 1.01)

Whats this font Icon all about?

--

Bedford, England