Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

Post by Justi » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

A couple a weeks ago I sent a post about my P5 popping up with a message to
replace the backup battery (the lithium battery)

after trying all kinds of things to rectify the problem, and of course no
luck, I plugged in the mains lead thinking that when the AA bateries get low
I would plug in the mains adapter and while it was on change the aa
batteries...

To my suprise when I plug the mains adapter in, It now tells me the backup
battery is good even when I dont have one in, also it say the external power
is not present, when the little green light is on.

so of course if i take the AA bateries out the machine goes off..

Can anyone suggest anything...

Justin

Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

Post by Krisztian Simo » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

> battery is good even when I dont have one in, also it say the external power
> is not present, when the little green light is on.

> so of course if i take the AA bateries out the machine goes off..

> Can anyone suggest anything...

Your machine needs to be repaired, return it to Psion.

Bye,
Krisztian

1. Series 5: 'Replace main AND backup battery' problem

Since a few months, I have been having battery problems with my series 5.

Every few days, when I switch it on, it gives a message "Replace main and
backup batteries". When I look at the battery status monitor, it says that
backup battery is at 0 V, main batteries at 1,3 V (in reality, I suppose
that it even would not switch on in this case).

When this happens, it also doesn't react to the touch screen anymore, but
the keyboard still works. Finally, it says that files on the compactflash
memory are corrupt, so I'm not able to save/close these files anymore.

When I perform soft reset, everything is OK again and correct battery levels
are reported ... for some time.
Does anybody know a cause and/or solution for this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Luc Jacobs

2. Ports..

3. Main batteries problem S5

4. LAN/FOSSIL search

5. Battery Lead problem?

6. Psion S5 keyboard fix

7. The dreaded battery lead problem

8. Wait states & drive size

9. Battery lead problem

10. 5mx main battery problem

11. parts to fix dreaded battery lead problem

12. Dreaded battery lead problem on 3c

13. Back-up and main batteries removed - data gone for good?