jungle.com = no service

Post by Andy Haye » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Phew that was close! I nearly ended up with CE!

On Tuesday, after trawling through the web sites I decided to move away from
my normal suppliers and take software-warehouse up on their offer of a free
leather case with every HP Jornada 680.

I was transferred to Jungle.com and saw that there was stock available for
immediate delivery. I placed the order for next day delivery. As it was
about 6pm on Tuesday I expected the order to be processed on Wednesday and
for me to have the goods today; Thursday.

The goods didn't arrive so I cancelled the order and received the following
reply: -

************
Your order has been cancelled as requested, and your credit card has
been refunded.

The response to the jungle.com launch has been phenomenal, and has
completely exceeded our expectations.  This has led to some delays in
shipping orders.

I would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to
resolve these delays.  jungle.com are dedicated to providing the very
best on-line shopping experience, and we will not rest until we have
achieved this.
**********

The m*of the story is twofold. Don't believe the 'available immediately'
message on their site and if you need it urgently you cannot rely on
jungle.com

--
Andy Hayes
West Sussex

ICQ 53314000
PGP Key Available

jungle.com = no service

Post by Jim Mai » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I bought a 5mx from them - it took about a week to get it from ordering
(although their website did say there was a 4 day wait for them..).

I didn't mind, 'cause it was an excellent price - cheapest I'd seen in fact.

Jim

--
---
--------------------

www.eastcom.co.uk
-----------------

> Phew that was close! I nearly ended up with CE!

> On Tuesday, after trawling through the web sites I decided to move away
from
> my normal suppliers and take software-warehouse up on their offer of a
free
> leather case with every HP Jornada 680.

> I was transferred to Jungle.com and saw that there was stock available for
> immediate delivery. I placed the order for next day delivery. As it was
> about 6pm on Tuesday I expected the order to be processed on Wednesday and
> for me to have the goods today; Thursday.

> The goods didn't arrive so I cancelled the order and received the
following
> reply: -

> ************
> Your order has been cancelled as requested, and your credit card has
> been refunded.

> The response to the jungle.com launch has been phenomenal, and has
> completely exceeded our expectations.  This has led to some delays in
> shipping orders.

> I would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to
> resolve these delays.  jungle.com are dedicated to providing the very
> best on-line shopping experience, and we will not rest until we have
> achieved this.
> **********

> The m*of the story is twofold. Don't believe the 'available
immediately'
> message on their site and if you need it urgently you cannot rely on
> jungle.com

> --
> Andy Hayes
> West Sussex

> ICQ 53314000
> PGP Key Available

jungle.com = no service

Post by Luap Notnuat » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Not as cheap as Expansys who seem to provide what they advertise.

--
Luap

Quote:> I bought a 5mx from them - it took about a week to get it from ordering
> (although their website did say there was a 4 day wait for them..).

> I didn't mind, 'cause it was an excellent price - cheapest I'd seen in
fact.

> Jim

jungle.com = no service

Post by Simon A Coulthurs » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Ahh! I am also a bit disappointed in Jungle.

I ordered some software, which arrived on time. But, had real problems
getting it to work on my PC. Never mind, take advantage of the superb
service that Jungle trumpet (pun intended) about in their documentation.

Could I get through on the phone? No way!
Would they reply to my emails? No way!

Eventually managed to get through to the manufacturer myself and they sorted
it out. But, I shan't be using Jungle again!

--
Simon A Coulthurst

> Phew that was close! I nearly ended up with CE!

> On Tuesday, after trawling through the web sites I decided to move away
from
> my normal suppliers and take software-warehouse up on their offer of a
free
> leather case with every HP Jornada 680.

> I was transferred to Jungle.com and saw that there was stock available for
> immediate delivery. I placed the order for next day delivery. As it was
> about 6pm on Tuesday I expected the order to be processed on Wednesday and
> for me to have the goods today; Thursday.

> The goods didn't arrive so I cancelled the order and received the
following
> reply: -

> ************
> Your order has been cancelled as requested, and your credit card has
> been refunded.

> The response to the jungle.com launch has been phenomenal, and has
> completely exceeded our expectations.  This has led to some delays in
> shipping orders.

> I would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to
> resolve these delays.  jungle.com are dedicated to providing the very
> best on-line shopping experience, and we will not rest until we have
> achieved this.
> **********

> The m*of the story is twofold. Don't believe the 'available
immediately'
> message on their site and if you need it urgently you cannot rely on
> jungle.com

> --
> Andy Hayes
> West Sussex

> ICQ 53314000
> PGP Key Available

jungle.com = no service

Post by davidfarran » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I bought a 5mx from them - it took about a week to get it from ordering
> (although their website did say there was a 4 day wait for them..).

> I didn't mind, 'cause it was an excellent price - cheapest I'd seen in fact.

> Jim

Cheap? They will be. They gave me *service with non-working software and
wont even reply to me. All that money ripped off from we foolish customers
enables a few to get lucky I reckon. BUT, is it worth the gamble? Shop somewhere
else is my verdict.

David Farrant.

1. WARNING - JUNGLE.COM - **DON'T USE**

*I'M ANGRY*
On the subject of software houses/companies to use for purchasing software,
don't use Jungle.Com
Despite the software not being in stock, they debited my MasterCard for the
full amount immediately and did not inform me. 21 days later, my statement
arrives - with surprise surprise, the amount deducted :-((

Guess what! the order is still being processed - I have now cancelled the
order with my charge card company

This is not just poor service, it is dishonest.

This is my first experience of such practice - I have not seen a company
charge me before despatching goods before.

In terms of service, can I mention Expansys, Widget and Palmscape as
companies with flawless service - I recommend any of these from my own
experience.

Perhaps this posting will do some good ( it makes me feel a bit better) and
if it serves to warn people off from dealing with such a sneaky firm !

BTW I did give Jungle 24 hours to reply - their customer service email
system seems to be jammed - perhaps from complaints ?

Ian

2. INDUSTRY GADFLY: "Barbarians At tHe Gate"

3. EPOC SMS News Service now accepts payments via PayPal.com

4. : How to get BACKUP to relabel tapes automatically?

5. re Service centre (now even crapper service)

6. Status code (0x4,0,0,0)

7. Service Centre Poor service

8. Trust relashionship between W2K and NT4

9. PSion service centre (crap service)

10. UK Phone Nos. Amendments

11. WTT: Apple Newton MP120/2meg NOS 2.0 for Psion 3c

12. UK Phone Nos. Amendments

13. PsiMail Internet - Which Online Services?