Dreaded battery lead problem on 3c

Post by xxxx.. » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

This happened to me several times, on a Series 3 and on a Series 3a. PSION said they repaired
it on my 3a with a new kind of cable ("reinforced" as they said), but it doesn't look very
really different than the previous one. However, I had it changed 6 months ago and it still
works (first failure appeared after 4 months).

Does anybody know whether PSION eventually fixed this problem with the 3a design ?

Has anyone a good reason to believe that there won't such a problem on the 3c ?

--
In,IN.MBX,S,N
Trash,TRASH.MBX,S,U

1. The dreaded battery lead problem

I have had the symptoms of this for a few days (batteries dying very
quickly)
and have just rung up Psion UK Customer Services to be told that there is
now a 10 charge for a new set of battery leads, and 'no sir, there is no
design
fault'

Not to put too fine a point on it, this is absolute crap - I am disgusted
with this
reaction, I can understand a charge being levied to cover costs etc, but
10 ????
to repair what is clearly a common problem is totally unacceptable.

I will attempt to repair the lead, and Psion have just lost a formerly
staunch advocate.

--
Chris Parsons
Phone   : +44-1392-382-201   Fax : +44-1392-382-488

2. Calamus SL

3. parts to fix dreaded battery lead problem

4. manic/Jsw/jswII cheats

5. Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

6. A Little Help If You Please..

7. Battery Lead problem?

8. calendar component in framework ..?? and in compact

9. Battery lead problem

10. 3a battery lead connector

11. Broken battery lead

12. Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

13. Batteries With AC Lead